2024 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

3 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

It's exciting, though!

Now I just have to get off my duff and get started on the two projects. Christmas will be here before I know it.

• Like 1

Holding off, as I'm hoping to use up another skein this evening...we'll see!  We're both bone-tired from this entire week, so we're staying in this evening.  I'm giving us homemade pizza and we're going to catch up on a few shows while I do my yarn work. 

Sorry I haven't been here since July 14th. I've been offline most of the time :irk . I did some :crocheting , but no :yarn used. My squash plant died :( , but I got a lot of cucumbers, beans, cherry tomatoes. During the hurricanes, we got a lot of strong wind and:2rain here. Most of my regular/large tomatoes were knocked down. So, I made 5 pints of India relish (I usually make it in Sept.). My aunt always had a garden, so she and I made it every summer. When she couldn't do it anymore, she gave me the recipe. Now that she's gone, may she R.I.P. :(, I carry on the tradition. I will make sure that others in my family have copies of all the recipes she gave me over the years (maybe someone will continue when I'm gone). My large tomatoes are turning red now :) .

WTD:   0   YTD: + 52

Ellie 13

Gardens can really keep you busy. Our tomatoes stopped producing when it got so extremely hot but we’ve had a couple of slightly cooler spells and they have blooms again. So hopefully there’ll be some more BLTs before the end of summer.

• Like 1

I managed to use up a skein this week! My sweater is almost done. I have to sew the pieces together, and do the collar (and weave in ends). Hopefully, I can do this over the next week. 😎

WTD = +2

:clap

I confess, there were yarn purchases yesterday… :devil

I’m going to be making another sweater for my spouse for Christmas, so I needed to get 4 more skeins of yarn from our LYS. It was all a win-win, as I had a wonderful time with my yarn-peeps at the store.  It was nice out, so we all sat outside to knit and crochet.  SO…

Stashbuster Total: WTD -8 YTD -36

WTD scores for the week ending 8/31/24:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +2

greyhoundgrandma 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -8

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

YTD scores for the end of August:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +54

greyhoundgrandma -24

August's Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -36

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I've been working, gardening and exercising mostly. Only a little :crocheting so only + 2 since Aug. 18th (add it to next week's score). My bean plants have given up for the season, the 2 cherry tomato plants and 1 regular tomato plant were destroyed in the last :storm, so I made more jars of relish. If it doesn't get cold, I'll have large tomatoes, green peppers and eggplants soon. I also lost 4 more pounds :cheer .

WTD: + 2      YTD: + 54

Ellie 13

Sorry I didn't get here last week. I can't always get to Cafe Nero's for WiFi after work (they close at 6 PM).  I've been working and :crocheting a lot. I finished 4 stuffed bunnies, 3 blue and 2 pink. Now I'm working on a white one. Now someone wants a purple one. A co-worker wants 2 stuffed turkeys, and another wants 6 wall/door hanging turkeys. I'm going :loco with orders for Thanksgiving stuff and I haven't even started Halloween stuff yet. Anyway, I got + 6 this week :yay .

WTD: + 6  YTD: + 60 

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

The scarf started a little slowly but I just finished the first skein. I really don’t like the brand hook I’m using but it’s an M and what I had. The first skein I picked up had three ends. I set it aside to sort out later.

WTD +2

• Like 1