Boxing Day 2024 - share any charity!

babypoohsmom

These were popular give aways today at our prayer shawl table for the Fun Fair.  My sign said

This is a pocket prayer cloth made especially for you.  Each time you touch it may you be reminded of HIS unending love for you.  May it bring you peace, comfort, hope, and joy.

20240212_101246.thumb.jpg.325f748df715d683112554d928885b18.jpg20240212_101107.thumb.jpg.b814b0da1ea2eb4a95b7ad6df24a05da.jpg

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, bgs said:

These were popular give aways today at our prayer shawl table for the Fun Fair.  My sign said

This is a pocket prayer cloth made especially for you.  Each time you touch it may you be reminded of HIS unending love for you.  May it bring you peace, comfort, hope, and joy.

20240212_101246.thumb.jpg.325f748df715d683112554d928885b18.jpg20240212_101107.thumb.jpg.b814b0da1ea2eb4a95b7ad6df24a05da.jpg

Those are really nice.

That is really beautiful Brenda.  That reminds me of the prayer/worry beads I have been carrying lately.

Brenda, those little angels are very sweet. I’ll have to look for a pattern.

Chris, do you need a sleeping bag or a pillow and blanket type of thing for the 18” dolls?

We can always use all of the above.  The sleeping bag I make is from a free pattern.  There are several people here on Crochetville who donate blankets that give us enough that I've joked for years that no stuffed animal let alone doll leaves without a blanket which I think is awesome.  There is nothing like a hand made doll blanket.  I've never made pillows.

You donated 2 My Life Dolls last year that will be going out with the 2024 donation that would love to have sleeping bags. 

20 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Brenda, those little angels are very sweet. I’ll have to look for a pattern.

Chris, do you need a sleeping bag or a pillow and blanket type of thing for the 18” dolls?

https://howcraftyismarge.blogspot.com/2018/02/angel-pocket-prayer-shawl.html?m=1

I changed the skirt to the following because I like seeing the cross within the angel

skirt: ch 7, (dtr in ring) 3 times, ch 7, sl st in ring

Also they tend to be a twisted mess.  They straighten out quite a bit by working the tails around the center ring as I finish off.  I pull the center in eliminating the open space.  I have not tried the magic ring yet.  You can straighten the skirt by how much you pull on that tail as you take it to work around the center ring

I got a cool follow up on one of the angels I handed out on Tues.  Todd is the Director over Food Service here.  He spends time at each restaurant and it feels like he knows all 1000+ of us by name.  When they were extremely short staffed he was always serving us our food.  Now that things are better he is back at being at the different restaurants on different days and we dont see him near as much.  

Tues at the Fun Fair Todd stopped to talk to dh at his table but walked right by me at mine.  I said Todd come back here. You didnt even tell me hi.  I have something to give you and held my sign for him to read.  Then he picked up an angel, put it in his pocket and said thank you. Today at lunch he came over to our table and made a point to say hi Brenda.  Told me later that day he ran into someone he knew that was having a horrible day.  He reached in his pocket and pulled out that angel and said I think you might need this he said it meant a lot to them.  I told Todd see you were supposed to have it to give away.  After all he had walked right by me.  I told him I will get him another.  He said he wasnt religious so crosses dont have meaning but angels do and he  thanked me for being a caring person and all I do.  Told him it didnt seem like I did that much and he said its just who you are.  That meant a lot because I dont feel like I am necessarily doing anything with my life that matters or makes a difference.  I just crochet. 

• Like 4

On 5/23/2024 at 2:28 PM, bgs said:

I got a cool follow up on one of the angels I handed out on Tues.  Todd is the Director over Food Service here.  He spends time at each restaurant and it feels like he knows all 1000+ of us by name.  When they were extremely short staffed he was always serving us our food.  Now that things are better he is back at being at the different restaurants on different days and we dont see him near as much.  

Tues at the Fun Fair Todd stopped to talk to dh at his table but walked right by me at mine.  I said Todd come back here. You didnt even tell me hi.  I have something to give you and held my sign for him to read.  Then he picked up an angel, put it in his pocket and said thank you. Today at lunch he came over to our table and made a point to say hi Brenda.  Told me later that day he ran into someone he knew that was having a horrible day.  He reached in his pocket and pulled out that angel and said I think you might need this he said it meant a lot to them.  I told Todd see you were supposed to have it to give away.  After all he had walked right by me.  I told him I will get him another.  He said he wasnt religious so crosses dont have meaning but angels do and he  thanked me for being a caring person and all I do.  Told him it didnt seem like I did that much and he said its just who you are.  That meant a lot because I dont feel like I am necessarily doing anything with my life that matters or makes a difference.  I just crochet. 

I loved hearing your story about your pocket angels. They are so cute and do have such lovely message. People need love and support, and sometimes the littlest things can make all the difference. Your little angels will definitely brighten people's day.

• Like 1

My Life Pearly Dress

I made this back in 2016 and its been in my been on my mind to get back to ever since.  This was clearly the year to return to projects undone.

It was also a great chance to finish off some left over yarn.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I have "themes" I try to get to across the doll sizes and bathing suits has been a long standing one.  The hot weather seemed to be a good time to get started.

Rag Doll Bathing Suit

Chris I like the photo showing the back!  I often wonder what many doll outfits look like in the back and like know what type of closure was used.

Well, my friends are just having so much fun helping out. The blue dress was made by my former co-worker, Diana. The knit dress was made by a friend, Glenda, who used to work at the LYS before it closed (the owners were in their late 80’s and have both since passed). Glenda has gifted me a few pair of socks. They are so amazing. 
IMG_7938.thumb.jpeg.cbda61dd916eb48bd8a84c5af67d2f61.jpeg

IMG_8953.thumb.jpeg.df0bc27df9b6fa8bfcb981b6e8c4dbce.jpeg

• Like 4

One of the great things about multiple doll sizes is when something doesn't fit I still have a hope that it will work for one of the other dolls.  Not quite sure why this one was small at the opening but it worked for the Rag Doll.

Rag Doll Sleeping Bag

I'm continuing to adapt some of the more generic outfits I can find from the girl 18" dolls for the Our Generation Boy.

Our Generation Boy Doctor

I haven't quite got the medical coat to fit either doll yet but I haven't given up but moving on to other projects for now.

• Like 1