Vintage pineapple and spider web table topper

Lacycrochet

Hello, I just realized I never introduced myself when I signed up in November.  I filled out the bio and forgot to say hi, I apologize for that.  This is a piece I finally finished. Alice Brooks pattern, I am thinking from the 1940's maybe.  It was fun to do, not so fun to block. I tried to resize this picture to be a bit smaller, I hope it isn't huge once I get it in here, picture formatting is not my talent.

294176486_tabletopper3madesmaller.thumb.jpg.422bd014998d74689e08c9584547c901.jpg

• Like 4

I don't think anyone likes that part, do they?  😉 

I just finished a (relatively microscopic, 10" Alice Brooks doily with a US 9 hook & #10 thread) and it was all trebles and double trebles.  I like to work vintage doilies and (I'm sure it didn't work this way, but) I sometimes imagine pattern magazine editors giving assignments like "I need a x inch doily pattern on my desk by next Thursday!" and designers managed that with fewer rows but taller stitches (and occasionally "what were they thinking?" odd borders).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I sometimes imagine pattern magazine editors giving assignments like "I need a x inch doily pattern on my desk by next Thursday!" and designers managed that with fewer rows but taller stitches (and occasionally "what were they thinking?" odd borders).

Lol so true. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Veronika Rohrhofer said:

This is a pretty piece. May I ask what thread size and which hook did you use?

Thank you,  I used size 10 thread and a 1.75 mm hook