Crochet World Magazine

NCcountrygal

I've had a subscription for a while.  It's one of the few magazines that hasn't disappeared since I ordered it.  I have a print/digital so I can go back and look up the old magazines for patterns I might have missed when I'm looking for something.

I've had a subscription to this mag for many years and even have a few copies of their Omnibus that was published off and on in the early years.   I think they used to have a penpal section back in the day which was a lovely way to make new crochet friends.   Barbara

5 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

I had several subscriptions but most of them just stopped publishing sadly.  I picked up an English one this Christmas but with Covid the mailing has been challenging.

USPS has faced a lot of challenges that’s for sure!   Even some local bills have come past norms and now I have to allow 7-10 days instate. Looking forward to my next CW. Renewed subscription to Backwoods Home Magazine, too. We’re not back woods living more rural and I love reading country living stuff too. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the print/digital subscription, I have had this for a long time.  It is great.  I usually get the digital one first.  It is one of the few magazines that is geared to the average Crocheter.  Not a lot of sweaters and such.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/28/2021 at 10:04 AM, NCcountrygal said:

I had long running subscriptions to several magazines then quit them all for various reasons. I’ve been blessed with an improvement in my physical abilities and reduction in pain. The world is in turmoil but I am blessed. 🤗

Beautifully said Diana.

• Thanks 1

The pattern is cute it is just an old reprint.  If I'm paying for a magazine I'd like new patterns.  I think I have several copies of this pattern due to the fact it has been reprinted so many times.

Ravelry lists 3 publications that it has appeared in dating back to 1988 and I think there may be more.  This would be more appropriate for them to sell on their pattern site where you know they are recycling old patterns you may not be able to find in their original books/magazines than offer in the current magazine.

50 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

The pattern is cute it is just an old reprint.  If I'm paying for a magazine I'd like new patterns.  I think I have several copies of this pattern due to the fact it has been reprinted so many times.

Ravelry lists 3 publications that it has appeared in dating back to 1988 and I think there may be more.  This would be more appropriate for them to sell on their pattern site where you know they are recycling old patterns you may not be able to find in their original books/magazines than offer in the current magazine.

True they do recycle patterns a lot. A new editor will be taking over, wonder if that’ll make a difference. 
I saw Etsy advertisement selling that chimp pattern as a 70s vintage pattern. 5 page pdf. Same photo.