Janice D

Janice D.

Hello all.  I am Janice D.  I am new to Crochetville.  I THINK I taught myself to crochet because I can't remember anyone sitting down to actually teach me.  I saw someone crocheting once but that's it.  Anyway I love crocheting, especially jewelry.  I am looking forward to interacting with you and learning more from you.

Edited by Janice D.
Add notification
  • Like 1

Welcome to the 'ville.  I am so glad you decided to join us.  We love seeing photos and hearing about everyone's projects (even non crochet projects)!  I love the inspiration, encouragement and motivation that I have received from fellow members here.  I hope you will join in on thechatter in the CAL's so we get to know you better and that you will sharesome of your projects in Show andTell.  

Welcome to the 'Ville!  I'm with you--I THINK I taught myself to crochet....but it's been so many years ago, I can't remember!  My mother crocheted every evening, but she was self taught, and couldn't read patterns, so I just got me a little book called "Learn to...", and took off from there!  It had embroidery, which I already did, knitting, cross stitch and something else in it.  I LOVE crochet, so I stick mostly with it, although I've done my share of embroidery--years ago!  I'm nearing 75, and still loving crochet!  I started a crochet club at our local Senior Center in 2010, and we've been going strong since then!!  We make lapghans for Veterans' hospitals and prayer shawls for our local Hospice--and other assorted projcts for Crafts shows.  In general,we just have FUN!!!  Hope you have fun here!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...