Jar Grippers and Gripper Towel Ring

NCcountrygal

I think I saw a photo of the jar gripper on this forum, but not absolutely sure.  No pattern just dc in each hole and dc,ch1 or 2.dc in corners.  Easy Liner, shelf/cabinet lining.  Basic Gripper Towel Ring designed by Priscilla Hewitt.  Great projects when you just want to relax and not concentrate too much.

100_0642.JPG

100_0641.JPG

• Like 1

Nice job.  I like her patterns.  I tried using some of that particuliar liner in a yellow but it wouldnt come out square when I followed the lines in it.  That was frustrating.   I wound up using the squishier kind with larger holes.  

I like fast, useful projects that also make quick gifts.  (in between more time consuming items)  I cut the shelf liner at 6x6 inches and checked how that fit on pickle jar and applesauce.  I went into the second row of holes with a G hook.  I had some leftover Comfy yarn (green) Sport weight and I preferred that to thicker cottons.  I have so much leftovers it's perfect for small projects.  I want to make several more towel grippers for dil and sil.  I've made a bunch of crochet towels over the years, but they don't stay nice enough after a few washings for display.  I use all of them in our bathroom now.  Still very useful just not pretty.