infinity scarf

crocheting4fun

It's very pretty. Maybe it would soften up with a toss in the clothes dryer on gentle for a few minutes.

Very pretty:)

I made a Lovey not too long ago using RHSS yarn. That little blankie wasn't soft at all:(. I wash that on gentle cycle and added 2 capful of Downy fabric softener to the rinse cycle. Than I put that to the dryer on low setting. That little blankie came out very soft:).

I wash that & dry in a Mesh bag, they are cheap and they do protect all that crochet stuff:). I use those bags a lot for all my delicates even for my dog toys:). They do sell them in a different sizes. This one is a bigger one:

http://www.target.com/p/honey-can-do-white/-/A-15804827

Krys

PS: Each time I make a Lovey as a gift I include one of those mesh bags with washing & drying instruction:).

Very pretty:)

I made a Lovey not too long ago using RHSS yarn. That little blankie wasn't soft at all:(. I wash that on gentle cycle and added 2 capful of Downy fabric softener to the rinse cycle. Than I put that to the dryer on low setting. That little blankie came out very soft:).

I wash that & dry in a Mesh bag, they are cheap and they do protect all that crochet stuff:). I use those bags a lot for all my delicates even for my dog toys:). They do sell them in a different sizes. This one is a bigger one:

http://www.target.com/p/honey-can-do-white/-/A-15804827

Krys

PS: Each time I make a Lovey as a gift I include one of those mesh bags with washing & drying instruction:).

the yarn says to hand wash lay flat to dry

thanks everyone but the yarn says to hand wash lay flat to dry

thanks everyone but the yarn says to hand wash lay flat to dry

You can hand wash, that is always good. I do have hand wash results the easyer way. If you have gentle or handwash cycle on your wash machine and you would wash that in that Mesh bag the results would be the same. Than you could dry flat. I been using those Mesh bags for many years for a VERY delicate items and always comes out great. That is why I could "swear" on those bags! :). If you DO NOT have gentle or handwash cycle in your wash machine you should hand wash that item/items.

For good results ALL those should be apply:

1) Use "Mesh bag" (that is very important)

2) Cold water & gentle or hand wash cycle in wash machine

3) Gentle soap/detergent like a "Woolite"

4) Air dry-dry flat or in a dryer on a very low heat. IF that yarn is a wool or silk I would air dry- flat dry.

5) Wash & dry that item seperately. Do not ad any other laundry to wash machine or dryer.

When it comes to differant items like bra's & underwear, dog toys LOL. Put that in that Mesh bag and add other laundry to that.

Here couple good little tips:

a) If that item needs to be shaped after wash you should air dry-flat dry that. OR you can dry that "half-way" in a dryer than shape that & flat dry. That goes for thicker items, it will dry quicker.

b) I think this one is a great tip: If you hand wash an item put that to that Mesh bag to your wash machine on SPIN cycle only. You will get most of that water out! :) Than flat dry, will dry a LOT quicker. And you do not need to twist that or "squish" that to get only some water out. Anyway "twisting" is not good for a delicate items.

You can use a bucket to carry that from a sink to your wash machine, so the water will not be dripping on your floor.

Krys

I go to a laundry mat and I used just plain red heart super saver yarn and the scarf is not for me it's for my sister in law

I go to a laundry mat and I used just plain red heart super saver yarn and the scarf is not for me it's for my sister in law

In that case you are better off hand washing.

• 1 month later...

Archived