Big Bear, Little Bear

redrosesdz

I made these bears for my grandson, Jude, who is due in 2 weeks, and his half-brother, Brody, who is 2 yo.  They're similar, but not the same.  I'm hoping that they help Brody cope with having a new baby brother in the house.  He won't have mom all to himself anymore.  If I get a chance to take a better picture at the baby shower tomorrow, I'll post it, too.

post-57407-0-74870800-1457828940_thumb.jpg  post-57407-0-01417000-1457895436_thumb.jpg

I learned something with these bears, besides that boucle yarn is a PITA.  Don't put something made out of boucle yarn in the dryer with a fuzzy blanket.  The fuzz from the blanket is infused in the yarn.  My fuzz shaver and sticky tape didn't work.  I spent 3 hours cutting it off and got most of it.  I think I might have to redo the bears.  I'll have to see what mom thinks.  :(

Wow those are really cute! And thank you for the info on the fuzz. I was just today going to make a bunny softie for one of the grandkids with boucle', but, I think I'll use that for something else. Moms want easy care on children's toys that would need laundering.

Great idea I have also used for new baby's siblings. I make or buy something for Dad too. They sort of get put on the back burner when there is a birth in the family.

Archived