My first granny swirl square!

mrsnjonesjr

Oh yes, I discovered a few years ago that midnight blue makes a wonderful background for multi color squares, multi color striped items, and pieces you want to decorate with flowers.

Another great background color is dark forest green. It's not as easy as it had been to find before the current greens became popular, but eventually the popular colors change and what we're looking for comes back around again.

Oh yes, I discovered a few years ago that midnight blue makes a wonderful background for multi color squares, multi color striped items, and pieces you want to decorate with flowers.

Another great background color is dark forest green. It's not as easy as it had been to find before the current greens became popular, but eventually the popular colors change and what we're looking for comes back around again.

Good discovery! I never would have thought to use midnight blue. Green is one of my favorite colors and I was thinking about a green but the correct shade of green is a problem. It would have to be a darker blackish forest green like you mentioned. I think I'll bring the square with me to the store and try it up against some different shades and colors. 

Archived