Bed of Roses

JusOneKiss

This blanket has been on my to do list - half completed since the designer first made the pattern available.  Since then, I have unfortunately developed fibromyalgia and it affects my shoulders and hands....so crocheting is getting to be a bit more difficult and I poop out far faster than I ever used to.  My fear is that one day I won't be able to crochet at all....so I'm in a hurry to finish off all of my projects that I have 1/2 or 1/4 or even barely there started....this is one more off my list.  The pattern is really well written and easy to follow.  I enjoyed making it and didn't even mind all the ends I wove in.  I did fudge my own border and I'm rather weird about them. I can't stand wobbly borders on my stuff....love it on everyone elses - all the delicate pretty ruffles, but I can't seem to get mine the way I want, so I go with flat - no wobbles allowed.  This border was ripped out twice to get the effect that I wanted.  Hubby was so freaking wonderful that my christmas present today is unlimited time to crochet while he cooked the entire christmas dinner, ham and a deep fried turkey, with all the fixins......I'm so darn lucky in the hubby department.....cheers everyone!

post-16213-0-01414400-1451081765_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-23724600-1451081775_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-56835500-1451081784_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-10080800-1451081795_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-08117800-1451081809_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-38296700-1451081820_thumb.jpg

It's absolutely gorgeous!  I love roses!! :D

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I am a kindred spirit, though.  My doctor banned me from work in Aprill 2004 and a year later I received the fibro diagnosis.  My mom has a milder form of it and can still do everything she wants to do.  I'm lucky that it only impacts crocheting when the flare-up is in my hands.  My 24x7 pain is elsewhere.  There are 3 things that I can tell you about fibro.  First, it's a spectrum disorder, which means your symptoms are different than anyone else with fibro.  It can be so mild that it has no impact on life all the way up to bed ridden on a morphine drip.  Second, if you can crochet now, it's unlikely that the fibro will prevent you from crocheting in the future.  Rather than progressively getting worse, it's more like being a roller coaster of symptoms the rest of your life.  You'll have flare-ups, but what you're going through now is pretty close to the level you'll stay at.  If it stops you from crocheting periodically now, that will most likely continue... sometimes worse, sometimes better.  Third, as you settle in with your symptoms, you will find a way around them.  That doesn't mean that it won't continue to  impact you daily.  It just means that you'll adjust to dealing with it eventually.

If you ever need to just rant about what's happening, just shoot me a PM.  I'm hear to listen.  I might make suggestions, but I can't tell you about what to do or expect.  Everyone that has it is so different.  Just know that you're not alone!

That is really pretty!  the colors and the way you arranged them are great.  

:cheer to your husband for cooking!  

I cannot take credit for the way the colors turned out...LOL  Its a long line gradient from Lion Brand called Ice Cream (color is strawberry)  I just kind of arranged them from light to dark.  The yarn is a yummy to work with as its name.....:P

That blanket is very beautiful!  :)

I would just love to know your "secret" HOW you take those beautiful pictures??. They are amazing...The same blanket on one picture is cream & orange. But that third one is cream & pink. And that backround part close to that blanket it is a light color but little frother awey it changes to pink or..

Those pictures are just beautiful!:).

Are any of you are professional photographers?.

Happy New Year!

Krys

That blanket is very beautiful!  :)

I would just love to know your "secret" HOW you take those beautiful pictures??. They are amazing...The same blanket on one picture is cream & orange. But that third one is cream & pink. And that backround part close to that blanket it is a light color but little frother awey it changes to pink or..

Those pictures are just beautiful! :).

Are any of you are professional photographers?.

Happy New Year!

Krys

LOL, nope, no secret.  Its a program/website called picmonkey......that particular photo already had a gradient from creme to white (the yarn is Lion Brand Ice Cream - Strawberry) it was shot on a white sheet, but the edges looked horrible so I threw whats called a dark edge on the picture (looks black unaltered) and changed the color to a light pink, then threw a border around it.  Picmonkey is a fun program to play with.

LOL, nope, no secret.  Its a program/website called picmonkey......that particular photo already had a gradient from creme to white (the yarn is Lion Brand Ice Cream - Strawberry) it was shot on a white sheet, but the edges looked horrible so I threw whats called a dark edge on the picture (looks black unaltered) and changed the color to a light pink, then threw a border around it.  Picmonkey is a fun program to play with.

Thank you very much!:). I will try that program  :yes.

I just hope it will work half as good for me as it dos for you.. Those are very beautiful pictures and yes your blanket is gorgeous!:).

Krys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived