My fiance just doesn't understand LOL

So, I found an LYS quite by accident.  They're prices are reasonable, the people are very sweet, they welcome crocheters and they have beautiful yarn. 

I was soooooo excited to find such a great place and told my Beloved about it when we got home.  He did the bored 'that's nice, dear' thing.  The next day he tells me I have so much yarn in the attic that I should use that up first.  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I tried to explain that it's my first grandchild and the yarn at the store is special and soft and beautiful and lovely and oh, such a yarn-gasm. 

He just didn't get it.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I guess I'm just fortunate!  Either that, or my hubby has given up on the "discouragement" part!  He knows that I really try NOT to buy more yarn...but there's always that time when it calls to me so loudly that even HE can hear it!!!  :lol  :lol 

Congrats on your first grandchild!!  That deserves new, yummy yarn!!  I vote for buying what you want.  :)

I don't have a hubby, but I live with my two 20-something sons.  They have gotten to the point where they refuse to even look at my finished projects.  Their attitude is, "It's nice that you have a hobby, mom, but I don't want to know about it."  LOL

Exactly, right?!?  LOL

I haven't had time to crochet much in the last couple years.  He'll get used to it and by gandchild will have the softest blankie I've ever made.  :)

Dh has give up trying to discourage me, infact, I don't think he ever has.  But when I do order new yarn, he says "Do you mean to tell me there is a skein of yarn in the State of Florida you do not have?" 

he does like what I make, infact, unless I tell him it is for someone, he automatically thinks it is for him.  I am lucky also in that respect.  I have one room he calls the cotton room, that is where the tote yarn is.

Congrats on the first grandchild.  New, softer and prettier yarn is called for here.

I'm one of those odd ducks that doesn't buy yarn for stash, but I have a few skeins that I've bought for projects here and there then changed my mind; and lots of orphan or partial balls because I round up when calculating yardage for projects.  So I do have a few totes full of yarn...

But my hubby has hobbies too, so it evens out!

Congratulations on grandbaby, who of course deserves special yarn!!

OOOh im excited for your first grandbaby, and most certainly he doesn't get it, lol few men do, but yet, the wood pile of "working" project wood, grows and overflows into the garden most times, hummm, no parallel there though, right..... :clap

Actually, it was the whole store in general.  They had a few 'top end' yarns but they had very nice quality and reasonable prices.  I can't justify paying $80 for a 2 ounce skein.  $4 or 5 I can do for a special occasion.

The yarn that did it is on the top shelf on the left.  They had a gorgeous sample worked up in it.  Really helpful, right?  LOL

Congrats on the new grandbaby.  Sounds like you found a great store. Dh is pretty supportive of my yarn purchases because even though the extra bedroom is stuffed with it and there are like 20 tubs full of it in the garage I don't have the right color to do what I wanted or needed to do.   ;)

Archived