Undecided - Started

Ina McNees

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You did beautifully! Can't wait to see your other WIP's when completed. I'll keep an eye open for them in the Show & Tell Folder.

I wanted to stop and thank you all for the comments on my finished project! It helps to hear when I am actually doing a good job! 

Reni C: I am currently trying to work on the blue and white blanket for my nephew. I am trying to get it done by next month so I can give it to him the same time I give his sister's blanket to her. I have to put about 14" more on it. I know it is doable but I am not good with time limits. 

Ina, on 20 Jan 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:Ina, on 20 Jan 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:

I wanted to stop and thank you all for the comments on my finished project! It helps to hear when I am actually doing a good job! 

Reni C: I am currently trying to work on the blue and white blanket for my nephew. I am trying to get it done by next month so I can give it to him the same time I give his sister's blanket to her. I have to put about 14" more on it. I know it is doable but I am not good with time limits. 

When I get bored with an afghan project and have a deadline, I work on about 2 rows or so then put it down for awhile and pick it up later in the day or evening then crochet more. The biggest goal is to work on it daily but not overtax myself and loose interest. If I need encouragement, I refer to Crochetville for all the wonderful inspiration and friendly cheerleaders on here. :)

I have 23 days! I don't want to rush. I want to make sure that the blanket comes out good. I always think,when I make a blanket, will it turn out to be a blanket that someone would want to buy. I know I am not a professional but I still want it to be good work. I hope that makes sense. Today I started working on it a little more. I didn't get very far but I know I am capable of getting it done in time. I was calculating the other day and I had taken a picture in June of the blue and white blanket being 32" x 32". the thing is I just started that the 27/28th of May 2015. so basicly I was able to crochet 32" in what about 2 or 3 weeks?  

Well.. any encouragement, comments are very much appreciated!

Thank You

Thank You All! It helps. Right now I am at a stand still because I ran out of white. go figure just a few inches before the finish of the fourth row. I will be buying some on the 1st. so I will still have time to finish! 

Thank You

• 4 weeks later...

Well... I finished off the Blue and White Blanket off at 42". I like the way it turned out except for the fact that I couldn't finish the last section. So I Finished it off with two rows of white. I ran out of time and White yarn, the Stores in my area were all out of the Royal Blue I was using. 

Just out of curiosity does it look horrible because I wasn't able to finish the last part of the pattern?

The good news is... My Niece and Nephew loved their blankets. Good thing 5 and 7 year old are not perfectionists lol!

post-75262-0-64253600-1455885848_thumb.jpg

Those look great! Good for you!! You got some spectacular advice here in this thread! I just read though the old posts and learned a few things myself!

Great job! Congratulations on your first projects! Very well done! My firsts were the cupcake and donut in my avatar. :)

Thank You all for the comments! They do help!

Here is another blanket project I have been trying... I would love comments on what you think. To me it seems that the purple out weights the Multi color. What are your opinions? 

post-75262-0-99881000-1456593162_thumb.jpg

I like this - the outline color (looks blue on my screen) picks up one of the colors in the variegated center, and brings it all together nicely.  And, the colors are all of the same intensity and color family (cool), another plus.  Bright and cheerful!

I like this - the outline color (looks blue on my screen) picks up one of the colors in the variegated center, and brings it all together nicely.  And, the colors are all of the same intensity and color family (cool), another plus.  Bright and cheerful!

Agreed, the colors work very well together. Very rich and lovely!

• 4 weeks later...

mrsnjonesjr: I have added 2 more squares onto this pattern. I have also started 2 more patterns. I am having a hard time figuring out what I want to do. 

I have been not working on much of anything for the last week or two. But I am still trying to figure out what I like best. The one I started with the green border and the blue and pink middle is for my living room. 

post-75262-0-50131100-1458873203_thumb.jpg

post-75262-0-94011500-1458873211_thumb.jpg

Archived