ISO Floral Square/Motif Pattern

ReniC

Question

11 answers to this question

I have no clue what exactly the pattern is, but i did look at the photo and i searched around a little bit last night but did not find that exact thing. Of course its possible the maker did not use a pattern. There are quite a few patterns that are sort of like it that you could find on ravelry and try adapting. I didn't post because i felt i really didnt have any helpful info. Sorry!

Really?- Nothing- Not even a view on the post? That's sad.

I don't understand the view part as I often get that even though I have looked at the post before. It looks familiar too and I looked around  yesterday morn on a bing search plus and had no luck either. 

I also went through my numerous books yesterday with no luck, which I do often but don't post if I can't find the item.

I viewed the post as well and love the blanket!  I hope the pattern can be found because it's beautiful and I would like it as well!  When I look it says that there have been 104 views of your original post Reni. 

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit snarky about no responses. Each time I checked in the post/views stats it read 0 on each and couldn't figure that one out. I am glad many came through for me and reassured. Yeah... I know... little bit of insecurity there. Sorry again and thank you for responding.

I have spent several hours looking for something close and haven't found it. Just a few years ago I saw this same afghan and another in cream posted, before Pinterest times, and now it's eluding everyone- Amazing. Guess I'll try my hand at it even though I'm not very good at recreating.

Off to DH's RA doctor. It's a little over an hour away which isn't bad, but, 120 degrees down there today! :eek If I melt, I hope someone scrapes me off the sidewalk.

I thought I had seen this pattern before, but I was wrong.  I saw a different floral, square motif pattern in my Mile A Minute Afghans book.  Here's the link ...  http://www.amazon.com/Contest-Favorites-Mile---Minute-Afghans/dp/1574867598/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434559829&sr=8-2&keywords=mile+a+minute+afghans.  If you scroll down to the comments, there are some customer images.  The one that I think is close to what you're looking for is the 3rd customer image.

I'm no help with the source (sorry), but did you notice the 'flower' squares in the pic aren't the same as white ones?  The leaf round isn't just green versus white, the corners are leaf clusters not just 1 tall stitch.  I wonder if the original pattern is for the white motif, and someone made up leaves in the corners for the 'flower' squares.

I got back from what might have been Hades yesterday and I didn't melt, but, was it ever hot! Yikes!

redrosesdz: I checked your link and curiously, none of the listed comments showed any photos for me. Thank you for looking around.

I thought I had seen this pattern before, but I was wrong.  I saw a different floral, square motif pattern in my Mile A Minute Afghans book.  Here's the link ...  http://www.amazon.com/Contest-Favorites-Mile---Minute-Afghans/dp/1574867598/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434559829&sr=8-2&keywords=mile+a+minute+afghans.  If you scroll down to the comments, there are some customer images.  The one that I think is close to what you're looking for is the 3rd customer image.

Empress Busy Bee: I also came across that German book while delving. No pages or even the index listed and my German stinks. Otherwise I would have ordered the book.

All I can find is that it seems to be from a German book.  I don't know which one nor do I have any links.  Sorry.

bluerose: I had printed this pattern already for another project for a Christmas gift. It sure is pretty and thank you.

Found this on Ravelry- Just Peachy Blossom afghan as free download. (not exactly what you wanted)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/just-peachy-blossom-6x6

Granny Square: I did notice the stitch and color differences between the two squares. That's the main reason I liked it so much. Your suggestion about a custom made square is probably correct. Sigh! Something us afghan lovers need to deal with. :) I will fiddle around with it here and there and make something from it. Thank you for helping also.

I'm no help with the source (sorry), but did you notice the 'flower' squares in the pic aren't the same as white ones?  The leaf round isn't just green versus white, the corners are leaf clusters not just 1 tall stitch.  I wonder if the original pattern is for the white motif, and someone made up leaves in the corners for the 'flower' squares.

Archived