white collar/necklace with pearls

q8_crochet

Hello everyone :ghug 

its been years since i had an active post in this lovely forum

i really miss you all

well last year at the end of June i couldn't go to sleep and it was couple of hours away from my waking time for work so i thought of making that collar necklace and wearing it for work

everyone asked me about it and i was so proud  :c9 

some even brought yarn and asked me to give them the way of how to make it :clap 

now ill share my pattern i made it from a scallop stitch i hope you like it

note: when i first did it i thought it wont lay flat but i ironed it and sprayed it with water and steam iron it just worked great and with wearing and using itll be perfect

IMAG1327.jpg

I made another one with beaded yarn and it was way too big but would love to wear it with chiffon black blouse

IMAG1329.jpg

Ok the abbreviations:

sl st = slip stitch

sc = short crochet

dc = double crochet

hdc = half double crochet

ch = chain

puff stitch = yo, insert hook in space, yo pull yarn, repeat 4 more times, yo pull through all loops, ch1 to secure the puff

you need: suitable yarn (in the white i used 100% cotton yarn, in the bronze i used beaded yarn and a combo of cotton and something else

hook size 3.5 mm

Instructions:

1) ch 71

2) hdc in 3rd chain from hook, hdc in each stitch to the end , turn

3) ch3 (counts as first dc) 1 dc in same place, *dc in next st. , 2 dc's in next st.* between whats between ** to the end of the row. Turn

4) ch5 (counts as 1dc and ch2) skip 2 dc and sc in the third *ch 5 , skip 3 dc and sc in the 4th* repeat whats between ** till the end. Turn

5)ch 3 , sc in the middle of the ch5 space * ch5, sc in the middle of the next ch5 space* Repeat whats between ** till the last one. ch3, dc in the 3d ch of the ch5 space from the previous row. Turn

6) ch1, sc in the first space, ch5, sc in the middle of the next ch5 space,* do not chain, 7 dc's in the next ch5 space, sc in the next ch5 space, {ch5, sc in the next space => 3 times}* repeat whats between ** 3 more times. 7 dc's in next space, sc in next space, ch5, sc in next space, ch3, dc in the 3rd chain from the previous row. Turn

7)ch1, sc in the dc, ch5, sc in the next space, *{dc on the next dc, ch1 =>6 times}, dc on the next dc, sc in the next space, { ch5 sc in the next space=> twice}* you will have 7 dc's and 6 ch1 spaces in between, and 2 ch5 spaces, repeat whats between ** 3 more times.

dc on the next dc, ch1 => 6 times, dc on the last dc, sc in the last space, ch3, dc on top of the sc from the previous row

8)ch1, sc in the dc, *{dc on the dc, ch2=> repeat 6 times} dc on the last dc, sc in the next ch5 space, ch5, sc in the next ch5 space* you will have 7 dc's, 6 ch2 spaces, 1 ch5 space, Repeat whats between ** three more times. Dc on the dc, ch2 => repeat 6 times, dc on the last dc, sc in the 3rd ch from the previous row. Turn

9) ch1 sc in the sc, {make puff on the dc, ch2 => 6 times, make puff on the last dc, sc in the middle of the ch5 space, repeat till the end, sc in the sc from the previous row.

I did a line of sc's on the sides just to make it look prettier, the straps are chains in the suitable length you would like

the end of the strap is (ch5 more chains, sl st in the 5th ch from hook, 10sc in the ring, fasten off)

hope that was clear and i really hope that you would try it and tell me what you think

i added some pearly beads in the white, but the bronze is already beaded so i didn't add anything.

Enjoy

and thanks for dropping buy :hug  

• 3 weeks later...

That white and pearl color is so pretty.  Thanks so much for sharing the pattern.  I would like to make it.

I'm not quite sure what yarn you used.  You state to use a cotton yarn, but what size yarn". If you used an E hook, I have to assume you used a thin yarn.  What size/type of yarn did you use?  Did you use #3 perle cotton, or sport weight etc.?

• 3 months later...

Archived