Doilies I have made in England

I returned from a nearly two weeks holiday in New Milton (Hampshire) this Monday.

I stayed with a girlfriend of mine. We had extremely good weather

and a program for almost every day (like boat trips to the Isle of Wight).

In the evenings I sat down and crocheted till late. I managed to make this six doilies

which I have starched and pinned now at home. Here they are:

post-71583-0-23422000-1406720175_thumb.jpgpost-71583-0-16846900-1406720236_thumb.jpg

post-71583-0-33441400-1406720314_thumb.jpgpost-71583-0-67804000-1406720373_thumb.jpg

post-71583-0-00548900-1406720437_thumb.jpgpost-71583-0-25750900-1406720505_thumb.jpg

Wow! Those are really pretty! I actually said wow outloud. :) nicely done! Is it tricky to starch and block them? I've only done some snowflake ornaments and thought they were tricky!

You made all those beautiful doilies in 2 weeks?!?!   :clap  It would have taken me a month just to do one!  You do beautiful work!!! :yes

You made all those beautiful doilies in 2 weeks?!?!   :clap  It would have taken me a month just to do one!  You do beautiful work!!! :yes

Thank you.

Yes, I am very fast, I can make two small ones or one medium size one in a day.

I also can manage to use a 50g crochet cotton number 20 in one day (e.g. making small motifs).

Now I am trying to get new pattern books.

Greetings from Vienna. Veronika

Very pretty Veronika. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday too. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Wow! Those are really pretty! I actually said wow outloud. :) nicely done! Is it tricky to starch and block them? I've only done some snowflake ornaments and thought they were tricky!

For me it is not tricky to starch and block them. I have different sized (kind of special wood) boards and pins (thicker ones as normal) a shop would use for decoration. I covered my bords with a plastic kitchen foil. Some times I put the doily in the starch and other times I pin the doily on the board and use spray starch. I always use Hoffmanns Flüssig Stärke and add a little water!

Greetings from Vienna. Veronika

Wow! You do amazing work. I love them all. I'm glad you had such a great vacation. I'd love to go to England, especially to see the crochet displays at the Albert Museum.

Archived