Goodwill has had yarn by me

A Goodwill store opened about a mile or so from me (within walking distance which is dangerous, LOL, since I love to walk, heaven forbid I drive my SUV, cause I am always checking it out ). Anyway, a few weeks ago, they had four large jumbo skeins of RedHeart,  (not labelled but this yarnoholic knew right away) and a package of a lot of little rolled up balls in a variety of colors. And they were marked with the color of the week so I got them for 1/2 off. Today, I wandered over to pick up something I hoped would still be there (for my kitchen and it was) and I check everything. This time they had Homespun, Bernat Satin, unlabelled small soft skein of white worsted, Woolese and Woolese Thick and Chunky, Red Heart Soft and RedHeart Designer sport, Bernat Softee Chunky. A total of 13 skeins, and of course they all cried until I picked them up and brought them home.

Just when I thought it was safe when I am not in a regular craft store. But then I think, I am helping the economy.

LI Roe

Great catch! My dd has been finding good stuff at good will. She says the trick is to go often -- new stuff comes in every day. Her latest is a really nice oil painting. Bought a half-price frame at hobby lobby and HL framed it for a buck.

the goodwill by us is a little pricy,I saw yarn there once,and they wanted 8 bucks for it,my limit for thrift store yarn is 3 dollars

I hear that!  Lots of times I see yarn there but it's nearly the same cost as brand new at the craft store where I can use a coupon!  No thanks, only if it's a really good deal or something I really need.  Doesn't stop me from looking though just in case........ :lol   Love looking in thrift stores so many interesting things.  I have found some deals on yarn stands there as they don't really seem to know what they are and just toss them in with the things made of wood.  Score! :clap

About a  1 1/2 years ago....I was in our local (and my favorite thrift store) they have a room just for crafts (yay me) my duaghter rolls her eyes everytime we go---as she knows where I'm heading.. :lol .

That day I found some odd looking yarn. I didn't buy it and now have no idea of what the price was on it. A few months later I "discovered" the trellis necklaces...bought the yarn online..but what I saw at the thrift store was trellis yarn. :reyes

• 3 months later...

The Goodwill by me never seems to have yarn, which is probably a good thing. I do love to go there for candle holders and glassware though. They often have full sets of very lovely dinnerware (I'm talking service for 12 and UP) for under $15. Really nice pieces too. I've gotten so many gorgeous glass candle holders, serving dishes, wine glasses etc. for less than a dollar. The most expensive thing I've got was a lovely antique serving platter and it was $5. Their selection of other items is not usually great, and the furniture is often too expensive for the condition it's in... but the glassware? Oh, pure heaven! 

• 4 weeks later...

Here we call it a flea market, lots of tables in a warehouse or open lot. I found old patterns, hooks, knitting needles and lots of yarn (various  types). I got a ton of stuff for $10 :c9. I've found granny squares and unfinished stuff too. What I can't use, I frog and recycle the yarn :) .

Ellie 13

Archived