Hooker seeks new project

Ok everyone I need your help.

I crochet everyday--as it relaxes me after a day of frustating work.....I have a huge stash--you name color, yarns- mostly acrylic , some baby yarns. I have alot of patterns but nothing now is jumping out at me as far as a pattern.

Mostly I give what I make as gifts....I do not have a large family nor know alot of people. I crochet because I love it. I make anything / everything both me and all of my family live in warm climates so no heavy mittens, scarfs etc will do either. :no

Although I have tons of yarn--there is not enough of one color to make--- lets say a solid afghan. Not sure if I want to make an afghan anyways---ho hum.. :(

Help !!!! What to make what to make???? Ideas? Thank you. :ty

I have the same problem. The last time I was just sick of working on the projects I already had started and needed a change of pace. I didn't want anything too involved, but just needed a different project. I ended up picking a couple of colors and worked a granny square blanket until I ran out of those 2 colors. I figure I can put it away until I need a baby gift or donate it later. After I finished it I was ready to get back to my other projects and a new pattern jumped out at me for my next project.

I will also work on cotton dishclothes when I am out of inspiration.

How about a round ripple? Or I am going to make some kitty squares out of the booklet afghan perfection, very old booklet.

Similar pattern is an Annie attic one.

Or a Bavarian afghan.

Or a Catherine wheel type afghan.

Hope you find a project soon!

Last week I was bored with everything I have going, so I crocheted the magic potholder; I made 8 and that was enough for me!  It used up a few different odd balls of cotton yarn, and now I have a few for gifts.  Now I'm working on a granny square afghan for me, so that's another project to work on.

With your acrylic, you could make different color solid squares that can be put together later into anything you like, such as placemats, table runners, or lapghans. If you want to embellish them, you can always add flowers or hearts or something after each item is finished.

In between larger projects, I get out my cotton and make bath cloths. I love making them, using them, and giving them as gifts.

Take your scrap yarns and add a skein of white or black and crochet any of your patterns. Work with both colors at the same time. You can use any pattern. You only have to remember with 2 yarns it will be larger so you will have to cut it down. I did that with mine. My black was with solid colors and it looks like stain glass. The white I use all my left over variegated. Both turned out very pretty.

Archived