Hello from Michigan! Newbie :)

CrochetAddicted74

:c9 I really am on cloud nine...a forum for crocheters! Wonderful!

I'm Robin from Michigan and got inspired to teach myself crochet after unpacking a long forgotten box with two gift afghans my dear grandmother had made for me.....Made me really interested in learning her craft and being able to pass it as she did!

I bought a book, struggled only a bit (I'm a leftie to boot!) and am in the process of making my first afgan!

I'm glad I found this forum and hope to get to know everyone and see what you all are working on :)

Robin from MI

:manyheart

Welcome, Robin!

I was inspired by an afghan, too, though in my case it was one my mom made. What kind of afghan are you making? Are you going to tell us about the yarn, colour scheme, and pattern?

Thanks so much for the welcome! Well my afghan is out of a book I bought at Michael's fabric store and it is pretty much DC Shells and Single crochet, made of well regular Red Heart yarn in shades of cream, tan and blue :)

I have a picture that I want to update since I am moving right along now hehe. Only had to redo it four or five times but now I'm moving along lol.

Robin:hook

What a wonderful way to get into the craft! I am so glad your grandmother inspired you to learn something you can pass along to others and bless this world with more great pieces of art. Welcome to the group and I look forward to seeing your finished afghan!

Vickie

Hi Robin :cheer and Welcome to Crochetville from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

You'll like it here!

If you are crocheting an afghan, don't miss the one a German friend made to me - I posted it on my blog yesterday!

Vik

Thanks so much! I'll try attaching a photo of the afghan....It is "Sandy Shells" out of the Blue Ribbon Afghan book from Leisure....It has one ball of yarn for beginner, so I was hoping it would be easy and now I have the directions understood it is haha:cheer :D

Now I have to crochet three more Cream rows then I start on the blue...how exciting :manyheart

Crochet010-vi.jpg

Robin

My Fotki site where I'll be adding more crafty photos soon :) Including my first complete project, a cute hat

http://public.fotki.com/BellesMom/crafts_n_such/\

\

I'm outside the Lansing area :) My husband and I took a trip up to Oscoda this past summer and went on a day trip to Mackinac Island. I loved the carraige horses and the beauty. If it weren't so expensive I'd love to stay on the island.

Next time we'll have to look around in Mackinaw City!:hook

Robin

Archived