Celebrity Shawl from Crochet-Pattern-A-Day

ZingyZoid

Gorgeous! Now, I am thinking I need to go out and buy the calendar, even though 2005 is almost over (wah...)

Oh! Go buy it. I meant to say it's the 2006 calendar. I don't think they even had one for 2005. :blush It's definitely worth it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stacy!! Thanks so much for telling me about this site!! :hug Your shawl is just gorgeous! You did a great job with my pattern - is there something I could clarify in the first row so others won't have to 'frog'?!! ha! I have a reverse version of this pattern which starts at the bottom point, and works upwards - so you can make it as large as you want. The shells are turned the other way, so I guess you could say one shawl has up-side-down shells. This pattern goes so fast, and you can memorize it easily. It looks more complicated than it really is. I just designed a "Star-flower Shawl" and a "Victorian Cape". Hopefully I can get them published, too. They're under review right now with Family Circle Easy Crochet Magazine.

And.... your butt is just fine!!!!! LOL! :skeleton

Thanks Shelle! I would love to try the reverse pattern if you're going to make it available. I'll look over the pattern again and try to remember what was holding me up on that first row. I think it was just me doubting myself and not being able to "see" what was going to happen next though. I'll let you know.

auntbubbels - I'm not sure what you mean about the pictures and text. Do you want to know how I got a picture to appear in my post? Technically I think it's called hotlinking(?). There is a tutorial here on C'ville somewhere for posting pictures. I will find it and PM it to you.

Oh! Go buy it. I meant to say it's the 2006 calendar. I don't think they even had one for 2005. :blush It's definitely worth it!

I would definitely recommend buying it! I didn't buy it for the 'calendar' reason- I bought it for all the wonderful patterns. They make a knitting calendar, too, if you're interested. :cheer Yeah! Rah! :heehee

You're right Stacy, they didn't make a Crochet Calendar before - this is the first year for it. But they did make a Knitting Calendar last year, and I bought one when the year was just about over, but like I said, I just bought it for the patterns. They're only about $12 or $13 I think. The contributors get one FREE! How cool is that!?!

Annie Modesitt is the editor. She's already accepting submissions for the 2007 Calendar!

This pattern is from the 2006 Calendar. There wasn't a 2005. I just mistyped the info. It's the May 10th pattern in the calendar.

Is this pattern available somewhere on the net? Or can you still buy the 2005 calendar somewhere? I have bought the 2006 set. My passion is shawls and I would love to add this list to my od todos:)

Actually, it's in the 2006 Calendar - the first year for the Crochet Calendar. The Celebrity Shawl is May 10th. I also have a poncho on Sept. 7th, and a little boy's (or girl's) flag sweater on June 14th. All my patterns are easy and quick to make.

It is well worth the price, cause there are lots of neat patterns in there. If you design your own patterns, you might want to submit them for next year's Calendar. The calendar is available at Barnes & Noble - online, too. Please send me a pic when you get yours done! :knit (we need a crochet smilie don't we)

Hi Casey, I used an open mesh shawl pattern that I got off the net as a guide. I am not sure where . Maybe if you google you can find it. It takes 2 balls of trellis (ladder) yarn for the shawl and about half another one for the fringe.

I used an M hook. It works up very fast and they have gorgeous colors in it.

For those of you not sure what we are talking about look at the just finished folder .

That is really really nice- I think I'm going to have to order that from amazon US- they don't have it on Uk amazon and the patterns that people have made up look really nice so it might be worth paying the extra postage.

Archived