Please help! Punto flores stitch? Please see photo

Kriekie

Question

HI,

I watched a video on youtube in a foreign language and tried to follow by watching this fast crocheter. My problem is that I couldn't see what exactly she did on beginning/ end of rows, with the result that my work is not even along the edges. Can someone please help with written instructions? Thanx

post-61734-135897776619_thumb.jpg

16 answers to this question

I found the stitch in The Crochet Stitch Bible. It's called Daisy Lace. It uses trebles instead of the edc. There's a youtube video with two parts, but she doesn't start at the beginning. I love that reference book, though. It has a lot of good stitches in it. It doesn't start and end with two trebles which would be like starting and ending with two edc's.

Thank you Michelle. I'll try that and see if I have it filed as such.

Try looking for the 'Little Flowers' stitch. It's in a lot of the older crochet books and starting to appear in some of the newer ones as well.

The youtube video has it as "Puntada Fantasia Flores." It's a flower stitch. "Puntada fantasia" refers to any stitch pattern encompassing fans, shells, flowers -- stitch patterns beyond the basic crochet stitches. I hope you find it under the Spanish name because I have no idea where you would find it with an English name.

Can someone tell me the name of this stitch?

I have this pattern somewhere in my "library" and I made it so safe I cannot locate it without the name! :lol

I think it's this one:

Spot on ! Thank you

Thank you everyone, for taking the time to help me with this problem. I really appreciate it. I will tackle this pattern with renewed enthusiasm.:clap

Hi, Kriekie. First of all, the dc's she's using are a modified dc. It's the first method I learned from my mom, and years later, when I started to teach myself how to read patterns, I realized that the English/American version of a dc was different. The way I was taught by my Mexican mother was that you yo, insert in st, yo, pull through st, yo, pull through 1 loop, yo, pull through 2 loops, yo, pull through 2 loops. That's the method she's using. It's longer than what we know as a dc but not quite a tr (American). So keeping that in mind, she starts every row with: 3ch, mod.dc in base of ch3. She ends every row with 2 of what I'm calling the modified dc's.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This would also be called an extended dc

Hi, Kriekie. First of all, the dc's she's using are a modified dc. It's the first method I learned from my mom, and years later, when I started to teach myself how to read patterns, I realized that the English/American version of a dc was different. The way I was taught by my Mexican mother was that you yo, insert in st, yo, pull through st, yo, pull through 1 loop, yo, pull through 2 loops, yo, pull through 2 loops. That's the method she's using. It's longer than what we know as a dc but not quite a tr (American). So keeping that in mind, she starts every row with: 3ch, mod.dc in base of ch3. She ends every row with 2 of what I'm calling the modified dc's.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Don't know if that link will work....i googled puntos flores crochet, and then the category videos. The video is very blurry, the focus seems to be on a wall and not the crocheting. I watched a few minutes but 18 min is just too long for me, esp with the blurriness. So i am not sure it is the same one but seems similar.

Archived