63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

Hi Julie! I missed you too... that made me get out of the hiatus (I love that word)! :hug

Hi Sue! School... that was a big reason why I wasn't crocheting much at all. Everything is going fine (meaning I'm tired of so much work)... although, I just got some unexpected results and we're not sure where to go next. Ohh well... that's life!

But I'm back! I need to get this thing finished and all the yarn out of my way so I can go buy more!!! :devil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my, Eliany! I hope everything is okay! :)

Hey Claire! That would make a nice color combo. It's hard to find just the right colors sometimes. I've been known to stand around in yarn stores taking skeins off the shelf, then putting them back on, then taking them off, and so on! :think Then I'll buy something only to change my mind later. :eek It's silly, I know.:blush

Hope everyone gets some square time in this weekend! :hook

Finally chose my colors for 63 squares. Michael's didn't really have anything good. I ended up going back to walmart and after putting the white next to the blue and red I liked... looked pretty good. So, I'll be using a Caron SS in red, white, & blue. Now to start...

After taking the week off from my squares :blush I put my nose to the grindstone last night. I finished 4 squares :clap Only 14 more to go!! Happily/Sadly my mother is coming for the weekend so I won't have much time to work on them (Happily b/c she's fun, sadly b/c I won't get my crocheting done).

Hi Gang

Didn't know if any of you had seen it yet, but they just reprinted this pattern up . I got all excited at first. I thought maybe they had made up a NEW one. It is all done in an off white, chocolate brown and turquoise color , but the pages inside are still the same ,made with the same colors as the other one was !

Just wondered if any of you noticed this yet ?

Hi Guys

I am going to post this in here and also the other 63 thread . Just in case you didn't read about my new crochetalong group that is starting up , I am looking for a donation of any square from the 63 afghan book one OR two , made in Caron Simply Soft, off white . I am also asking for a postcard from your area along with the square. These will be combined into an afghan to be donated to the Silent Auction held to help Crochetville pay the expenses of keeping the site up and running .

I really need your help gang, and know if you appreciate Crochetville as much as I do, you'd want to help us out if possible .

Any questions, please post them here or you can EM or PM me . I'll get back to you right away on it .

Thanks very much !!:)

Hi Julie!

Somehow I missed that we could use book one. Yay! I think I know which one I'll do, too! One benefit I've gotten from doing this CAL, is that I've gotten much better at figuring and matching guage. I've never used Simply Soft, but I have a few skeins of it. I'm looking forward to making these squares for this excellent project!

Hmm, going to have to stop at AC Moore on my way home from work today.... :D

Claire

Edited to add: I got two more squares done: #30 and 32! Yay!

Julie - I know everyone's gage is different but what size hook are you using with the Caron SS? The yarn seems to be a little smaller than the regular WW Caron TLC that I used for the 63 squares. Are you using a smaller or bigger hook than recommended? I want to get an idea of what would work best before I start fooling around with gage, hooks and hair-pulling. :thair

Hi Sue

I haven't started mine yet, believe it or not, but I chose the SS for that reason, too, because it was thinner than RH and my RH squares turned out about 8 inch. I thought it'd be easier to get these to 7 inch with SS .

Will start one today then get back to you ! :)

You don't have to rush, whenever you make a square I'll be interested in what hook you and everyone else is using. I believe I used a smaller hook and regular WW for the 63 squares and a bigger hook and SS for the 35 grannies. :hook

If it turns out you need more donated squares, I'd love to make a square from each 63 booklet. I already know what square I'd make from first-63! :)

Ack! Not the dreaded PREACHERCUSS square!! Did I mention I hate bobbles? And popcorn? Unless it's the kind you can butter. :D

I'm thinkin' more like #21. The one with the purty flower in the middle. :manyheart

Sue, I'm using SS for my 63 and had to go up to a J on most squares (and I usually crochet pretty loose). It's just so much thinner than Red Heart. And beware if you try to wind it into pull center cakes, it's so thin and slick those balls just launch! Talk about :thair

Ooh, my first thought was the one with the flower in the middle too, but one of my favorites it definitely the braided cluster one (don't have the number.) There were just so many cool ones.

I just posted on the other site, Julie, but what a great idea putting this together! :clap I'll really have to think about joining the second 63, though.

Claire, sounds like you're smoking through your squares! Can't wait to see pics! :cheer

Julie - I know everyone's gage is different but what size hook are you using with the Caron SS? The yarn seems to be a little smaller than the regular WW Caron TLC that I used for the 63 squares. Are you using a smaller or bigger hook than recommended? I want to get an idea of what would work best before I start fooling around with gage, hooks and hair-pulling. :thair

Oh my, Tandi! Flying yarn cakes! That sounds very messy! :eek

Thanks for the info on the hook size. I'll give the J hook a try and see how I come out. The book recommends an H hook and regular WW yarn, so going up a couple sizes for the SS sounds about right.

I think I know which square you're talking about, is it #44? That one is pretty. :) There are so many nice squares that I really enjoyed making, I'm looking forward to 63 More.

Looking in the 63 More book I notice there aren't too too many with bobbles but many squares look challenging. Should be fun. :hook

Ack! Not the dreaded PREACHERCUSS square!! Did I mention I hate bobbles? And popcorn? Unless it's the kind you can butter. :D

I'm thinkin' more like #21. The one with the purty flower in the middle. :manyheart

HEY! Get outta my mind! That square popped to mind when I realized I could use the first squares book! Wouldn't it be a hoot if Julie got nothing but #21 squares???

Hey, I'm nearly done with square 34 (the twin stitch, how appropriate)! I'm trying to do two a night, or at least one a day. At least... one in any given time frame!!! :)

More than half way there, now!

Archived