Craft Show Success!

I had my best show ever!!

I thought these observations of what sold may help others who do craft fairs.

24 hats-Unique sold best(specialty yarns),even though they were priced higher.A large decorative mirror drew people into the booth.

1 bag-Would have sold more if they had been in neutral colors.

4 Button Necklaces-colorful sold best

2 Button Bracelets

4 Baby Dress/Hat sets-I used the brighter colors,which made them more wearable for more seasons.Comments made about wearing them over long-sleeve onesies & tights for fall/winter.

10 Hair Scrunchies-Gave girls an inexpensive item to purchase.

4 Doilies-All sold were a mix of color/natural or all color,even though solid natural were on display,too.Comments about not finding colorful doilies in stores were made.

1 Poncho-It's over.

Congrats on a successful show & thanks for the report, Yarncat. I no longer do these because in my area, handcrafted simply doesn't sell, however I have had several cyber-crochet buddies ask me what I thought would sell well this holiday season. Now, I have an answer:)

Alosha

That's terrific! Everyone at work thinks I should sell my yarn goodies, but I never know how to go about it. I just like to make them but don't want them to clutter up my house after they are done, so I give them away to friends, co-workers, people who just walk by and say "hey, that's cool"....... :lol

Congrats, fellow kitty! ;)

Amber: Hats are really easy, if you have the right pattern. I'm barely more than a novice, and I can make a hat from headhugger.org in a couple of hours. I made two "baseball" hats for two of my nephews, a "basketball" hat for their sister, and adapted the basic pattern into a "record" hat for their music-loving baby brother.

Congrats! :hug Thanks for sharing what sold! My mother told me I should do a craft fair once I am back in the US...not so sure on that one! At the rate I've been finishing items lately it would take me 10 years to get a large enough stock to be able to have a show! :lol

How awesome and encouraging for you -- great incentive to try more craft shows. And having a full-size mirror was a good idea. Was the show indoors or outside? If outside, was the wind a factor and how did you work with it? :-D

I have been doing shows for 6 years and will continue to do 2-3 per year.

The mirror wasn't full-size.It was a large ocal mirror hung from the tent structure.

It was an outdor show,but we use a tent with sides we can drop if it gets rainy or windy.

Great job, Yarncat! I used to have a 'booth' at the Farmer's Market, and sold a couple purses, once. That was about it. And a doily. Not very good success, to sit there all day... I kind of miss it, though.

Tina

Timeless Creations

Great job, Yarncat! I used to have a 'booth' at the Farmer's Market, and sold a couple purses, once. That was about it. And a doily. Not very good success, to sit there all day... I kind of miss it, though.

Tina

Timeless Creations

Tina,I'm not familiar with "farmer's market".Is it a place where farmers sell produce or a flea market type thing?

Archived