Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I got my first "puffy" from Katyallen8090! It is beautiful!!!! Just love the design, and of course the colors! Thank you so much for making my Saturday a little brighter!!!! We are having lots of thunderstorms but not much rain!

post-2747-135897767994_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow everyone is so busy making and sending, and everything, it's a hoppin place this month for sure! I am so GLAD i ddidn't get rid of my stainless steel bowls then, wondered if I might need them, lol glad to see a lot of you still use them, I remember my moms too, but our most favorite, that i inherited, was a very large, bright yellow glass bowl, white on the inside, came originally with a blue one, and I think a green and a small red one, they all got broken I guess, but I have her Yellow BOwl, and in fact, for potato salad, or fruit salad, I just say, gotta get out yellow bowl!! lol

My brother had bought me a set of the "sunflower" pyrex bowls! I loved them. When I was moving, my old roommate had given the key to the apartment to a neighbor who was getting the old stuff and she took all my bowls! I was hurt! I love those bowls!!! At least I have my casserole dishes from the same design. EBay sells the bowls for like 85.00 for the whole set! I might have to piece it out and buy one piece at a time! LOVED those!!!!

I got my first "puffy" from Katyallen8090! It is beautiful!!!! Just love the design, and of course the colors! Thank you so much for making my Saturday a little brighter!!!! We are having lots of thunderstorms but not much rain!

Oh you are soo welcome, i had a ball making it, and have since made a couple more, for my someday ghan, lol!

My brother had bought me a set of the "sunflower" pyrex bowls! I loved them. When I was moving, my old roommate had given the key to the apartment to a neighbor who was getting the old stuff and she took all my bowls! I was hurt! I love those bowls!!! At least I have my casserole dishes from the same design. EBay sells the bowls for like 85.00 for the whole set! I might have to piece it out and buy one piece at a time! LOVED those!!!!

Oh man, I think I remember those too one was brownish, right, with this whitish design, or am I thinking of something different!

JUst a note to say what a picm me upper this is to be receiving these great sq's.I have pm those Ihave recd from and I have missed you PLEASE let me know.

Thanks again everyone. Lee

you have one puffy coming last week from me Lee, lemme know if you get them, when ever you can, thanks!!!!! :hug

Snowflake5165, I love that square!! Your colors are really great!

My puffy to Lee is going out today. Thanks to my dad for taking it to the post office for me since I'm working! I had trouble letting those squares go, they're some of my favorites so far!! :hook

Snowflake5165, I love that square!! Your colors are really great!

My puffy to Lee is going out today. Thanks to my dad for taking it to the post office for me since I'm working! I had trouble letting those squares go, they're some of my favorites so far!! :hook

Thanks Yarn monkey's dad!! I hear dat, sometimes I wanna keep them too!

Oh you are soo welcome, i had a ball making it, and have since made a couple more, for my someday ghan, lol!

Oh man, I think I remember those too one was brownish, right, with this whitish design, or am I thinking of something different!

They are bright orangey yellow, like sunflowers, a paler yellow, all with white daisy/sunflowers (come call it daisies, some call it sunflowers!). I have seen the brownish ones, I don't remember that being in my set, though. My mom has the white and turquoise ones, have had them since we were kids!

Glad to know my colors "inspired" you! LOL! I just love being different and unique! I had never seen a 12" square before, had no clue how big it was gonna be, but glad I picked that size!

They are bright orangey yellow, like sunflowers, a paler yellow, all with white daisy/sunflowers (come call it daisies, some call it sunflowers!). I have seen the brownish ones, I don't remember that being in my set, though. My mom has the white and turquoise ones, have had them since we were kids!

Glad to know my colors "inspired" you! LOL! I just love being different and unique! I had never seen a 12" square before, had no clue how big it was gonna be, but glad I picked that size!

Oh ok, so the brown one came in a set, cool, I knew i remember it with daisys or some flower on them, lol..

Yep it's a beautiful color combo, and they are big, usually I don't make 12 inch, cause they seem to go wonky but with the square/circle one, they turn out pretty good, so that is my go to, for big 12 inchers... Do you know how many you may need yet?

So, a puffy I sent out over a week ago is MIA. I'm so sad!

Oh no!!! Somebody probably realized what it was and snatched it! :P But in all seriousness, I hope it's found!

I had to mail my friend a cell charger she left at my grandmother's house once and that sucker went all the way to the Netherlands before it made it to her house (2 hours away) a month later. No telling the adventures that square is having! :blush

ive never had a problem with lost squares that Im aware of, however, once I mailed someone some peach colored yarn they posted they needed, and sadly, it never reached them, nor returned to me! Other than that, maybe in years from now, it will turn up, and be a pleasant surprise for her!

Oh ok, so the brown one came in a set, cool, I knew i remember it with daisys or some flower on them, lol..

Yep it's a beautiful color combo, and they are big, usually I don't make 12 inch, cause they seem to go wonky but with the square/circle one, they turn out pretty good, so that is my go to, for big 12 inchers... Do you know how many you may need yet?

I don't know, but will figure it out tonight when I get home from church. It isn't going to take many, it looks like! I was also thinking about changing it to some smaller squares as well. Would love to make some throw pillows for my bed, but maybe after I have my blanket done!

When this first started 2 yrs ago?,I sent out an 8 inch square to someone,never heard a word that she received it,I guess it could have gone astray and never reached her,out of all I've sent thats the only one unaccounted for,not too bad

:hug:hugI have two puffies mailed out two weeks ago that are MIA. Not counting these two I have had 9 that I don't know if they made it or not. I tried to pm the recipients but they never came back to the 'ville. I do know of one other that never made it.

Oh no!!! Somebody probably realized what it was and snatched it! :P But in all seriousness, I hope it's found!

I had to mail my friend a cell charger she left at my grandmother's house once and that sucker went all the way to the Netherlands before it made it to her house (2 hours away) a month later. No telling the adventures that square is having! :blush

The Netherlands??? Whoa. If only mail could talk, huh? That package would definately have an interesting story to tell!

Speaking of wayward mail, we've been waiting for our escrow refund check for weeks now. The sale of the house was on May 22 and the check was cut on June 6. We finally did some investigating and stupid mortgage company sent the check to our old legal address (instead of the forwarding address we gave them :angry). Yeah, we had 2 addresses at our old house (we lived on a corner and apparently that makes for interesting address issues! :think). Well, I only put in a change of address for our mailing address so the postal system had no idea what to do with the envelope. Apparently, after sitting around in a warehouse somewhere for 4 weeks, it got sent back to the bank. They cut us a new check and sent it to our new addy and we finally got it. Whew!

I mailed 5 puffys this morning and hopefully they won't take the long way around or go mia. They were sent to our Big Square of the month, crochetlady2012, ThatThunderbird, Snowflake5165 and tonyal, so be on the look out for them.

I mailed 5 puffys this morning and hopefully they won't take the long way around or go mia. They were sent to our Big Square of the month, crochetlady2012, ThatThunderbird, Snowflake5165 and tonyal, so be on the look out for them.

I sure will, and thanks!

I have found some more patterns for squares. I am going to have to go through the list of people that need things and make some more this weekend!

Ohh nice Carol! Glad to see everyone is still pledging and following through on their pledges! A new month seems right around the corner, and it might be YOU next time around, any of you, so sow your seeds now by giving to the Biggest Square, and maybe someone or a lot of someones, will return the favor when it's your turn!!!

I haven't heard from Cindy yet on her final count, last I heard though there were at least 50, all sizes, which i believe is why she got a bunch, lol the littler ones were different and fun to make but they count you know.....Still looking forward to her latest "layout" for her ghan, and pics of all the squares together, having a square party!!lol

Well everyone, have a great day, cloudy here, mildish, not to hot I guess, so will sit back this afternoon, and do some "yarnin" Anytime I mention that word around Maxi the cat, he goes and gets his "ball" of yarn that I relinquished to him, and he yarns too!! lol He is just too smart!!!!!!

Hey Katy, I figured out about how many I need. To make a blanket for my twin bed, with the 12" size, looks like I need about 45 total.

Wow, that is a lot of 12 inchers, are you sure??? lol that would be huge, are you thinking of a lot of overhang, more like a bedspread??

Ok, so i did a quick tally of the pledges listed anyways, and to the best of the est. I think Lee will be recieving this month, give or take a few, about 25 or more for his afghan!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, that is great, speciallly the 8 inchers!! Everyone is doing a mah vel ous job!!!!!!!!!! Yay for the givers of squares, Of the squares, by the squares, and for the squares, forevermore!!!!!!!!!!

So please reach around right now, and give yourselves a hearty congratulatory pat on the back! Such a generous and giving group! :hug:h5

Wow, that is a lot of 12 inchers, are you sure??? lol that would be huge, are you thinking of a lot of overhang, more like a bedspread??

Yup! 3 fit the width of my bed and 8 fit the length, I went with 5 across and 9 long. It won't be a lot of overhang, just over the edges. Is that a lot? I didn't think it looked like it was going to be that big when I figured it out.

Ok, so i did a quick tally of the pledges listed anyways, and to the best of the est. I think Lee will be recieving this month, give or take a few, about 25 or more for his afghan!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, that is great, speciallly the 8 inchers!! Everyone is doing a mah vel ous job!!!!!!!!!! Yay for the givers of squares, Of the squares, by the squares, and for the squares, forevermore!!!!!!!!!!

So please reach around right now, and give yourselves a hearty congratulatory pat on the back! Such a generous and giving group! :hug:h5

I don't know if I gave my pledge or not, but I am working on a couple squares for Lee as well.

Archived