My sewing adventures...

megsdaboss

For xmas my hubby bought me an old 1930's Singer, so I have embarked on an adventure into the sewing world. I took home ec in middle school, but past that my sewing skills have not been broadened....however I think I am doing pretty good and wanted to show these off.

Each puppet stands about 3.5 feet tall, fits an adult hand in the back, and is moveable!!!

Hope you think they are as cool as I do!

post-32809-135897740484_thumb.jpg

post-32809-13589774049_thumb.jpg

Ohhh my Wow those are awesome...

I could never do anything like that in my sewing adventures..

I basically do straight stitch and nothing with arms heads legs for that matter...

I love your hand puppets...

Great Job

hugs

Lillibet

Oh wow, these are great! What a lot of fun you'll have with these!

They're all so different, too. I love the yellow thing on that maroon one's head, is it a star?

What are their names?? I know they must have great names to go along with their "personalities"!

Oh wow, these are great! What a lot of fun you'll have with these!

They're all so different, too. I love the yellow thing on that maroon one's head, is it a star?

What are their names?? I know they must have great names to go along with their "personalities"!

Not only do my puppets all have names, they all have stories that go along with them. They started from stories my hubby and I made up to help my 6 yr old deal with some issues at school. (moving to a new school, being made fun of for his mohawk he wanted so badly, not picking on other people, etc) We wrote out the stories, complete with hand drawings of the characters, then eventually we turned them into puppets to help with the stories!

The one with the star on his head is Blink, the green guy is Francisstein (play off frankenstein cause he looked so much like him) The orange guy is Richie, and the girl is Molly. I also have another one named susie, whos a cheerleader, and 2 more wips!!!

I made copies for my brother and sister at xmas time, and my mom said I should sell them as well, so I have them up in my etsy store, if you want a closer look. (megansstore)

Thanks for the compliments guys!!!!

You haven't sewn since Middle school??? These are amazing!!! I would love to know how you did them but since you are selling them, I won't ask you.

Im not really sure, they were hit and miss till I figured them out. I just kinda cut the mouth and figured out how to put a hand in it, then bodies were modeled after one of my daughters 18 month old sleepers!!! Lol.:lol

Archived