February 2012 Charity CAL 2/16/12 - 1/21/12

busy-bee-lmt

Hi everyone. The third Thursday of the month is almost upon us so it's time to think about what we can do for those in need, animals and people. Everyone who crochets, knits, sews and crafts is welcome to join us. We make things for others and chat about our lives and interests and cheer each other on with six days of fun. So come pull up a chair and join us, whether it's for one day or all six.

We love to see pictures of what's accomplished. At the end of the week post your totals in big, bold letters and I'll compile a list of all we produced.

Sometimes life happens and interferes with our plans and we've all been there and understand. I'll be putting out cyber chocolates to nibble on on the first day. :devil

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Count me in. Just not sure what I will be working on for this. Probably just continue making caps and/or scarves for my church's clothes closet. Will you have dark chocolate?:yes

Oh, absolutely. Dark chocolate is my favorite! But I'll have some others too.

Welcome everyone. Looks like we're going to have a good crew this month. I'm excited. I've got a prayer shawl in pink and cream in the works and need to hide the tails in two preemie afghans. I think I'm going to try to come up with a pattern for a crocheted preemie hat.

I got this from my FB page

http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/01/allendale_man_crochets_blanket.html

It is so inspiring to me to see this selflessness in another crocheter.

WOW!!! Great article and marvelous crocheter. He's an inspiration to us all.

Ummmm, dark chocolate and black coffee sounds wonderful. I got some new flavored coffee last week - caramel and cinnamon and spice. Both sound good with dark chocolate.

Those sound great.

I'll be working on preemie blankets again. Trying not to go buy new yarn but my brain keeps saying...new color, new color, new color.....

:lol:lol:lol I know the feeling and thoughts.

Tomorrow is the start. Do you have all your yarn, needles, hooks, and other things ready?

I'm working on a pattern for a preemie hat in crochet so I don't have to knit them. It's not perfect, but getting there.

Don't forget to grab a mug of your favorite beverage tomorrow morning to go with all the virtual chocolates. :morcoffee

I am planning to put together some squares that have been laying around for a few years :whew - how do we count that?

I am also going to put in the last 4 hours needed for my 5 hr baby sweater. Then I can start on a lapghan... Can't wait to start. I'm doing all my mystery squares today.

I am planning to put together some squares that have been laying around for a few years :whew - how do we count that?

How about afghan/lapghan assembly? That would work for me.

I am also going to put in the last 4 hours needed for my 5 hr baby sweater. Then I can start on a lapghan... Can't wait to start. I'm doing all my mystery squares today.

I've got the sample crocheted preemie hat about half done.

Will see you all in the morning. :manyheart

Good morning everyone! It's overcast and dripping rain today, so a good day to stay inside and crochet. :kettle The kettle is on for your favorite tea or coffee and there are truffles available to satisfy your sweet tooth in white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate. There's a crackling fire in the fireplace and lots of comfy armchairs nearby. :hook So, here we go! :manyheart

Good Morning! Yum...I'll have tea and a truffle.:D I'm making soup and cornbread muffins for DH to take to an office party tomorrow. Then, I plan on treating myself to an afternoon of crocheting. :hook

The baby RR needs about 10 more rows, so I hope to finish that today. :)

I've done a little crocheting this morning. I'm working on an Ugly but Warm cap using a size L hook instead of the M hook called for. I am also only doing 10 rows of dc instead of the 11 rows called for but I am doing the 11th row in sc as the 12th row is called for in the original pattern. I am making it for a child ages anywhere from 6-13/14. Mmmm coffee and dark chocolate truffles with a roaring fireplace sound likes heaven.

Just checking in before I pick up my latest NICU blanket. WooooHoooo...I'm off work until next Thursday as my employer is out of town. Now if hubby will just fend for himself a little......

:rofl:rofl

I finished the crocheting on the preemie hat, just have to hide tails on it and the matching preemie afghan.

Working on the last rows of a prayer shawl in pink and cream at the moment. Then will have to hide the tails on it, too. :lol

It sounds like lots of progress so far!

Darlene ~ Yay for several days off! Did you give in and buy new yarn? :devil

Kathy ~ Oh, the UBW hat pattern is great!

Linda ~ Wow, lots of finishes! :clap

Three more rows to go on the RR - it will be about 40" across. :)

I have had an interesting day so far. My 5 hour sweater pattern is not exactly accurate so I am stumped on that one. My plans for a square for my lapghan project have gone astray as well. I have been searching for some replacement.

I found an antique doily pattern that I am going to use for a doilyghan instead. it is only 28 rounds so I should be able to finish it now that I have started. Of course it means that I will have to go out soon to replace all that white yarn I'll be using :wlol

I can always do come work on joining those 'vintage' :rofl squares into a ghan as my change-up project.

I do like these focus days for this.

Archived