February 2012 Charity CAL 2/16/12 - 1/21/12

busy-bee-lmt

Good morning everyone. It's early morning here. Couldn't sleep so decided to get up and fire up the computer and crochet. :ccompute:crocheting I love listening to old time radio programs on the computer while I crochet. Oh yes, I have made for first pot of coffee for the day and am drinking my first cup. Don't worry - it's a 4 cup coffeemaker. In the winter I usually make 2 or 3 pots a day but in summertime I barely get through one pot of coffee even though I am a coffeeholic. I finished my child's Ugly but Warm cap yesterday and started a new one last night. I have already been working on it this morning. This is being made with 2 shades of green - kelly green and a lighter green. Have a good and productive day everyone.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

working on ubw hats,I had to modify it some,my hats were turning into buckets,way too big-extra stitches were finding their way in,instead of double crochet in the fifth row,I started making it a half double and for some reason I have more control of the hat

Good morning! We've got some sunshine today! :) Yay! It's supposed to rain all weekend. :( Started another prayer shawl yesterday and have made good progress on it. I decreased the width just a little and like it better this way. It's in a variegated yarn, but not sure what the color is called as the skeins came without any labels. They were mill ends. It's pretty and that's what counts.

I've got home made virtual rocky road fudge to go with our beverages today. Lots of mini-marshmellows and chopped pecans in the fudge, and a small pan of just plain fudge for those who don't like or can't have the nuts. I'm going to start my day off with a cup of cocoa with marshmellows.

Sorry you ran into problems with the 5 hour sweater Darski. :hug

I love that UBW hat pattern. I've made several of them and they're great.

Have a great day! :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :) Gee, I'm on my way to the store and now I'll probably be looking for fudge. :lol

Great progress, everyone! I finished the little girl's RR yesterday and will be working on scarves now...one is about half finished already.

I hope everyone has some time with their hooks today. :hook

Yes Mary, I bought new yarn....but, I gave 16 skeins to my knitting group that does charity work, bought 14 and am halfway through one of those skeins. I'll see if I can get a picture.

(Caught again!)

Beautiful yarn! :yarn

Darski ~ Looking forward to seeing your doily ghan!

Yes Mary, I bought new yarn....but, I gave 16 skeins to my knitting group that does charity work, bought 14 and am halfway through one of those skeins. I'll see if I can get a picture.

(Caught again!)

Beautiful!

I'm hitting a bit of a snag here. I think I need to go to bed and rest. I'm just not feeling that great. :sick

I'm going to lose some time but I expect that I can get back on track in time to complete the doilyghan.

I'm hitting a bit of a snag here. I think I need to go to bed and rest. I'm just not feeling that great. :sick

I'm going to lose some time but I expect that I can get back on track in time to complete the doilyghan.

Darski, I hope you are feeling better today. There is nothing better than going to bed and sleeping when you are feeling bad. Hope you can get back on track.

I finished my second Ugly but Warm cap yesterday afternoon and started a new one. This one I am using a navy blue and a medium shade of orchid. When I first started this one using the navy and orchid I didn't like how it looked at first; but after I finished several rounds I have decided it looks better. I am trying to combine what I call "gender neutral" colors together so the cap can be for either a boy or a girl.

Hope everyone has a productive day.:manyheart

Hi everyone! It's cold and raining, so I hope to have crochet time again this afternoon. :)

Darski ~ Feel better soon! :hug

Kathy ~ Your colors sound perfect together! I love the "gender neutral" idea! :yes

I finished one scarf yesterday and plan to start another today. :crocheting

Have a great morning!

here is the doilyghan I have been trying... that flap is the excess fabric for my ghan.

post-4896-135897739138_thumb.jpg

I need to go back to the beginning and start with only 6 repeats.

I can do this. Maybe crocheting while braindead :headache is not a good plan :rofl

we made 30 hats last year and are at 26 for this year so far,only 3 so far are not gender neutral,I mostly try to team up soft white with black,navy or dark brown

just finished my second hat for this months cal

Wow, I saw this today and said "it can't be time for that yet!" Aaaah. My job has been totally insane and I have not seen the outside of my office before 7pm. I am going in tomorrow too. Booooo. But, I am staying home on Monday. Presidents Day! So there is hope!!

I guess you didn't miss me much because you are all going at it like crazy! Yay!

Did anyone notice the goofed up date on the main post??:hook

Good Morning!

here is the doilyghan I have been trying... that flap is the excess fabric for my ghan.

I can do this. Maybe crocheting while braindead :headache is not a good plan :rofl

Oh No! :hug So sorry about the frog pond...it's so hard to concentrate when you're not feeling well.

we made 30 hats last year and are at 26 for this year so far,only 3 so far are not gender neutral,I mostly try to team up soft white with black,navy or dark brown

just finished my second hat for this months cal

Wow! 26 already and it's so early in the year! :clap

:eek Darski....I hate when that happens!

I have finished 3 baby hats, 6 inch and 8 inch square.

You've accomplished a lot! :cheer

I only got half way on the scarf yesterday, but plan to crochet later. And I'll try and post pictures tomorrow. :yes

Good afternoon. I went out to an estate sale, an antique sale, and some other shopping yesterday and never made it in here. Went to my friend Rosie's house last night and we plotted and played with ideas for a quilt. It went from sunny in the morning to clouldy in the afternoon to raining last night and is still raining out now. This morning I slept in so that's where my weekend has gone so far.

[ATTACH]52313[/ATTACH]

Oops! :eek I hate it when that happens. :angry

Wow, I saw this today and said "it can't be time for that yet!" Aaaah. My job has been totally insane and I have not seen the outside of my office before 7pm. I am going in tomorrow too. Booooo. But, I am staying home on Monday. Presidents Day! So there is hope!!

I guess you didn't miss me much because you are all going at it like crazy! Yay!

Did anyone notice the goofed up date on the main post??:hook

I noticed the date right after I posted the entry and haven't figured out how to correct it. Good eyes! I thought I'd get lots of comments on it.

I noticed the date right after I posted the entry and haven't figured out how to correct it. Good eyes! I thought I'd get lots of comments on it.

To correct a heading you have to click on [edit] then choose [go advanced]. that lets you change the title of your post. I've had to use this more than once :blush

:wlol

Ok, I am throwing in the towel on that doilyghan for now. I've spent 4 days going nowhere. I made 2 hats in the last hour and now I'm making my 3rd one.

Go with what you know... When in doubt; make a hat!

:wlol :wlol :wlol :wlol :wlol

Good morning. This weekend has been a complete bust for me on the crocheting front. The weather has been the kind that makes the arthritis in my hands, wrists, and shoulders hurt to the point where I can't even hold a hook, much less use one. The sun is out this morning, so hopefully I will be able to do some this afternoon after some major cleaning, sorting, and pitching in my part of the house.

To go with your coffee, tea, or other beverages today I have cherries and strawberries dipped in white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate. Hope you enjoy. :manyheart

Ok, I am throwing in the towel on that doilyghan for now. I've spent 4 days going nowhere. I made 2 hats in the last hour and now I'm making my 3rd one.

Go with what you know... When in doubt; make a hat!

:wlol :wlol :wlol :wlol :wlol

:hug Oh, Darski! :hug I'm sorry this pattern has given you so much trouble. But, as you say, when n doubt, make a hat! :D

Funny that you say "when in doubt, make a hat". I do the same thing with cat mats. When my current quilt or crochet items are too challenging, I pull out my "cat mat tote". No counting required.

But so far this week, I've only been able to finish up a bed and some fish toys I already had started. I did start a mat last night while watching some TV. I can finish it tonight.

post-13802-135897739673_thumb.jpg

At first I thought the date boo boo gave us all year like the Boxing Day CAL! Then I realized it required time travel backwards and I have not figured that one out yet or I would have fixed all of those awkward moments back in high school!!!

Good Morning!

Denise ~ Your cat mat and toys are wonderful! :clap

Darski ~ Yay for making hats! They're fun to make and always needed. :yes

Linda ~ I hope your arthritis is better today. :hug I'll have strawberries and white chocolate. :D

I had to frog part of the scarf. :blush It has ridges of BPDC and FPDC I forgot them several rows back. :lol So, this afternoon I hope to catch up.

Here are the two things I've finished since Thursday. The RR is 40" across and I used Michael's Impeccables Soft Rose, Aran and Neopolitan. The scarf is the Shelly pattern made with Vanna's Dusty Green.

post-10699-135897739686_thumb.jpg

post-10699-13589773969_thumb.jpg

Here are the two things I've finished since Thursday. The RR is 40" across and I used Michael's Impeccables Soft Rose, Aran and Neopolitan. The scarf is the Shelly pattern made with Vanna's Dusty Green.

I love that RR - it is just stunning. Thank you for sharing that one.

I have 6 hats now and I figure it is time to put those squares together today. I'm using cream to join pink squares... with a border it should be very pretty. Well prettier than a pile of pink squares. :rofl

Archived