American Girl doll clothes

magiccrochetfan

this is for my grandaughter's fifth birthday; she got an Amer. Girl doll for Christmas. I used yarn i got in a Ville swap last fall, Patons Lace Sequin. it is very hard to see the sequins in the photo. for the hat i used doll head measurements i found online, and the scarf i just eyeballed. the jacket is based on a sewing pattern in the book Two-Hour Dolls' Clothes. It is a basic raglan sort of design.

It was fun to make and i hope to get some feedback on whether it fits the doll; I have to mail it to her so i won't get to see it on the doll myself very soon.

hope i have gotten the photo into the post properly!

post-10356-135897730439_thumb.jpg

That is very cute, I am sure she is going to love it.

How was that yarn to work with?:hook

Thanks everybody for your nice comments:hook

The yarn was not bad to work with. It is a little hard to frog but not as bad as i thought it might be. I found it to be a little scratchy, i think it would be uncomfortable to wear...but then i havent washed it or anything.

That's a beautiful sweater. How about a skirt to go with it, or pants? Sequins are hard to get into a picture. I put the item under the light, and the light sometimes brings them out. Sometimes not.

No immediate plans to add to the doll's wardrobe lol.

The sequins show up least in the photos taken in sunlight. Having it under artificial light brought them out more for some reason...

Archived