Hi My friends.... I need your opinions and ideas and links if possible:

Hello my friends:

I wanted to ask every one here what are your favorote crocheted items made from worsted weight cotton yarns....

What are your favorite and most fast but yet cute and unique dishcloths, washcloths, and other items you crochet with cotton yarns.

I would like if you can post links here of your favorite patterns and if you got photo to share here with me too i'd love that...

I so far have been crocheting kitchen scrubbies and lip balm holders and Loofa's,,, but i want other ideas for gift giving thru the year and for gifts at christmas...

So all your opinions and tips and links etc will be appreciated...

Thanks and hugs to all and a early Happy New Year 2012

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet, my favorite dishcloth isn't a dishcloth pattern at all...It's a 4.5" doily called Floral Filligree, in an oldish digest sized pattern leaflet. (Dainty Doilies, I think it was called)...It is just the right mix of open and solid, that you can bunch up for scrubbie work, and still fit into a drinking glass. Most of the open sections are chain3s...but no linkie, sorry.

My favorite bath puff with WW cotton

I also like making market bags with cotton. the open mesh ones scrunch down the best, and I've seen patterns with built-in pockets, which make them handy, but there is also an old CW mag version that was more solid, with a rectangular botton, that I really liked the look of (just haven't gotten around to making it :blush)

If I thought longer, I'd probably come up with more that are faves...but it's a start, at least. HTH :) and Merry day-after Christmas. :U

Thank you ladies for the links and tips and ideas so far..

Susan i went over to maggies dishcloth challenge which i didnt know was there and i see quite a few i will make as sets for sure..

Thank you for the link..

I hope many more of you ladies here point out some more ideas for me..

hugs

Lillibet

Here are some I made recently.....one is a cluster stitch pattern (ch 31, starting row is sc, thenrow of clusters, then row of sc-repeat until desired size)

The other is ch 29, Row 1 hdc in 2nd from hook; * sc, dc* repeat to second to last, hdc in last. Row2 hdc in 2nd from hook; dc in each sc, and sc in each dc to second from last, hdc in last. Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until desired size.

Then I just do a sc edge all the way around for each one. They are simple but really lovely, soft but sturdy.

post-47742-135897721947_thumb.jpg

Joy, those are really elegant with the lovely tile and the orange for contrast! Love 'em!

Thank you! :)

I'm trying to improve on my photography,LOL! I am a terrible photographer....the tile is my kitchen backsplash, courtesy of my DH, who is very handy! :clap

Thank you ladies for the links and tips and ideas so far..

Susan i went over to maggies dishcloth challenge which i didnt know was there and i see quite a few i will make as sets for sure..

Thank you for the link..

I hope many more of you ladies here point out some more ideas for me..

hugs

Lillibet

I usually pick from this list too, but just as a head's up, I believe that I read that Maggie will be taking the list down sometime soon (the first of the year I believe) and putting the patterns into a book.

I am glad HomekeepingGran/Carla posted the link for the potholder/hot pad. I just love that pattern. It is so easy to do. If you want a project to keep on hand to grab when you go out and want something to crochet on to kill time waiting for doctor's appointments, waiting on children taking lessons or playing sports, etc. this is the one to have. All you have to carry with you is one skein of cotton yarn, size crochet hook you are using (I use a G hook), and yarn clippers. You don't need to carry a pattern or pattern book with you. And you don't really have to worry about counting your rounds. I just keep crocheting until I can fold it into a square and the diagonal seam meets. Viola! You are done.

Archived