owl hats and scarf

annmcc1976

I am addicted to this pattern!!!. I made 5 owl hats.. 1 came out WAY To big.. I used lions brand vanna choice. and used the recomended hook and it came out HUGE.. I may frogg it and start over. not sure.

Then I made a 2 more "adult" size hats.. and 1 Child..1 infant.

So here are my hats!! and I already have a request to make 2 hats and a scarf from my Aunt's sister ( i call her aunt also). YIPEEE Can u say YARN MONEY BABY!!!

SO here are my hats' ive made so far.

Yellow is the infant hat

grey is fits me so Adult

red fits me also. and

brown is Child with a matching scarf!!. I :manyheart it!!

IM gonna have to make me a set!!

post-31502-135897721181_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897721186_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897721189_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897721192_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897721195_thumb.jpg

Your owls turned out great -- they show up especially well in the ecru shade. Although I've made entire cable afghans, for some reason I've been struggling with the owl hat pattern. I think I finally figured out the first cable round and did it right, and also finally figured out how to feed the button onto the yarn with floss, but got stymied after that on the button round. Will have to try again.

Very cool. I tried my hand at doing an owl today after I saw everyone's patterns. I used Caron simply soft and the cables don't show up very well. The yarn you used makes the cables stand out real well, I might have to try that.

The red hat is with Carron simple soft.

the yelllow is some baby yarn that had no label on it.. so I have no clue.. but it's close to finger weight yarn. it's not as thick as red hearts.. but yet not as thin as "finger weigh". the brown n grey are Vanna choice.

I would like to try the owl too. Where did you find the pattern? The hat is cute but any pattern would be nice to find and I could learn form there.:P

the pattern is a creation of our very own carlinda here on the ville!! you can get her patterns on Ravelry.. here is a link to her scarf

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/its-a-hoot-owl-scarf

and the hat

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/its-a-hoot-an-owl-hat

Your owls turned out great -- they show up especially well in the ecru shade. Although I've made entire cable afghans, for some reason I've been struggling with the owl hat pattern. I think I finally figured out the first cable round and did it right, and also finally figured out how to feed the button onto the yarn with floss, but got stymied after that on the button round. Will have to try again.

When working the hat pattern I had problems at first. but pay attention wo where it says.. to Crochet in front.. and crochet behind.. to crochet behind. just push the first 2 Post stiches fwd. and work the stitch as if their not there.. as for the button attachment..

ON the brown child hat my lil girl is wearing. is edged on "choclate" when I ran out of the beige.. so i found my closes it could to the buttons. and did the scarf edging.. then went back to the hat and added a row of sc to make it match the scarf.

when working the scarf if you have not done cables.. remember your not working it in rounds. your doing rows so some rows your doing "Rite side" others your doing the "wrong side" so your working that row "backwards". i got confused at first. then it clicked LOL!!!

The red hat is with Carron simple soft.

the yelllow is some baby yarn that had no label on it.. so I have no clue.. but it's close to finger weight yarn. it's not as thick as red hearts.. but yet not as thin as "finger weigh". the brown n grey are Vanna choice.

I switched to red heart in a grey and its working up great. The caron was just too soft I guess to hold the shape.

I switched to red heart in a grey and its working up great. The caron was just too soft I guess to hold the shape.

I did use carons for my red hat.. and the pattern calls for it. I guess it depends on how loose u crochet.. be carefull with Red hearts.. and vanna yarn. I found if i use the recomended hook it comes out HUGE!. I had to go down a hook size to get the rite size. for the hat

So my owl turned out quite well. My camera doesn't show it off too well though. And Santa forgot to bring me a new one. I used a grey yarn for the bulk of it, ran out on the last couple rows, so my owls are sitting on a dark brown branch :D.

yours came out good!!. Try taking them in the daylight outside.. it helps with the Dark camera pics!!.. I used my IPhone to take my pics.

Archived