Dog sweater complete (with your help)

law

Yes, I finally finished the sweater for my dog. I needed (and got) a LOT of help from you all. Thank you very much :D. Here is Boomer in his sweater. I had to fudge the pattern a bit because he is considered a large dog (larger than the pattern), but he just does not have a lot of fur and shivers like he is a greyhound.

post-55579-135897717028_thumb.jpg

post-55579-135897717033_thumb.jpg

Thank you. Boomer loves it especially on our cold morning jogs. It was my first time ever following a pattern. Of course it was the most confusing pattern ever, but I got a lot of advice from you all.

The expression Boomer is giving the camera in photo #2 is priceless. Imaginary caption:

"Mom, how long do I have to stand still this time?!"

Good work on the sweater! Yes, dogs with "hound-type coats" need protection in cold weather.

DCM

Thank you all. Boomer is camera shy so that is why he is giving me the pitiful look in the second picture. I am now making Christmas scarves for the family. I am so happy to be crocheting again.

• 3 weeks later...

Brrrr,, it's really cold here today. I was thinking I should make a new coat for Newman, he was not happy going out this morning.

Do you have a link for the pattern you used?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived