2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bronze this week...NICE :hook

I'm almost finished with my baby girl crazy scrapghan, which I am making for the Binky Patrol (www.binkypatrol.org) charity. Then I am starting one multi-colored Binky for a girl or boy. These are both 36 X 36 for the little ones.

I'm making my fiancee a cap like the one I made me last week. Except my main color was burgundy and he wants yellow. These are made up of my smallest pieces of yarn mixed with a main color.

I'm also trying to make my girlfriend a headcovering for church. She decided to start covering her head last year for church as a result of her studies. I don't understand, but I know it is very important to her. But scarves don't stay on her silky hair well, and she wants something flowing, not a "dress hat". So I'm working up a headcovering like a slouchy cap, but with more flow then I usually see.

Finally--I need to put the finishing touches (flap and strap) on the carry bag I made for my kindle.

Whew....lots of fun :crocheting I hope to have the one blanket finished and provide a picture with my Saturday numbers. So far I have used 4 balls of yarn and turned one skein into a ball.... +5 so far this week.

WOOT

should be positive this week, I am using all the yarn I bought last week on a spring theme Oreo--- oops "creme filled sandwich cookie "--- lapghan and baby set with Lemon filling :devil I plan on using more colors per the Nabisco web site- mint, strawberry, red, orange, and they come with vanilla cookies and well, will be sending the lapghans to UC Davis juvenile cancer treatment center- keeps the kids warm in the cold treatment rooms and hopefully adds a smile or two!

+8 so far--

Well, I turned 2 more skeins into balls and will hopefully finish up with that tonight, so that's +2

BUT I picked up 4 skeins for the next baby ghan that I'd like done by Monday morning :xfin so that's a -8

Overall adding a -6 to my score :sigh

Need to adjust my score and make it current :yes

Went to Michael's, bought 11 skeins, but used 2 skeins and turned another into a ball. Negative for the week, but still positive for the YTD. :D

Thanks! Not getting much hook time between the puppy and my 18 month old. They both get into EVERYTHING!! Lol :lol

That's why I keep my craft room door shut. The cats would have a field day in there! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Being sick is helping my score. Used up a whole skein, and then rolled three skeins into balls.

This is a terrible way to increase my WTD's and my YTD's. I'm sick of being sick. It started on Holy Thursday and just has lingured on. Turned into a sinus infection and fluid in the lungs. It's awful. Taking lots of drugs, and still feeling terrible.

:manyheart

Being sick is helping my score. Used up a whole skein, and then rolled three skeins into balls.

This is a terrible way to increase my WTD's and my YTD's. I'm sick of being sick. It started on Holy Thursday and just has lingured on. Turned into a sinus infection and fluid in the lungs. It's awful. Taking lots of drugs, and still feeling terrible.

:hug Linda. Pray you start to feel better soon!

Michaels..impeccable yarn on sale for $1.99... I came home with ONE

such self control :rofl

+2

Used up a skein in thw rr but bought 2for hats. Used up one almost, but not quite. Hoping tomorrow night I can get the one I started done and state the other

After nearly 3 days in bed, I am finally starting to feel better. I am really glad I was able to rest and my family took care of themselves, for once.

Started a little girl's dress yesterday. It's a cute one from the Crochet Today! Baby and Kids book. I'm going to make it in yellow, with a peach trim.

Thank you for all the kind words.

I have a question. Can I add points for yarn I gave as a gift?

Absolutely!

No matter how it leaves your stash, it counts. If it's used, given away, thrown away (Yikes!), eaten by cats, eaten by dogs, given as a gift, or any other means, it still counts! Oh, and eaten by alligators counts also!

Greyhoundgrandma, that afghan is beautiful! Great job on it!

It's going to be a busy day here. After being sick most of the week, I now have to catch up on chores. But that's ok. I'm feeling almost back to normal, so the rest that I had worked, along with a pile of medicine.

One good thing about just resting in bed, is that I did get to crochet quite a bit and my score is pretty decent. Oh, and I was too sick to stop at Hobby Lobby, so that's a benefit also.

Here's my score for the week:

WTD=+7 YTD=+41

Good luck, everyone!

Missed a week or 2. I used a pounder, but had to buy another to finish the elephant. Used the baby yarn, but had to buy another to finish the solas caomh afghan. sigh. I did roll a ball, and I don't think I counted the last skein I finished on the baby blanket... so I am counting this week as a

Wtd: +3

Here is a picture of the baby afghan. I still need to weave in some ends I think.

solascaomh3.jpg

solascaomh2.jpg

solascaomh1.jpg

Archived