2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

working on the last skein for this afghan. I'm pleased how it's turning out!

I don't know if I'll get any more hooking done unless they put MIL in the hosp :( She is not doing very well and hurts a lot. She is almost 89 and hasn't much been sick a day in her life, so this is hard for her and everyone. Dad went "home" the end of October and now she is failing. Hoping they may put her in the hospital to get her stabilized and issues sorted out so she can be ok again.

WTD +4

I hope that your MIL gets stabilized and she is Ok. Your family is in my prayers.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to go to Hobby Lobby this morning. Came home with three skeins. And I was doing so well. Used up two skeins yesterday and now I'm in the hole for a -2. I'll try to work hard and get at least to zero this week. Curse you, Hobby Lobby!

:manyheart

Had to go to Hobby Lobby this morning. Came home with three skeins. And I was doing so well. Used up two skeins yesterday and now I'm in the hole for a -2. I'll try to work hard and get at least to zero this week. Curse you, Hobby Lobby!

HAD to go??? Was someone standing behind you with a baseball bat?:tryme Or was the little devil sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear?:devil

HAD to go??? Was someone standing behind you with a baseball bat?:tryme Or was the little devil sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear?:devil

It must have been the Yarn Sirens summoning her... :lol

I totally missed posting my score this week. With Easter...I didn't even think about it :( Oh well, it was anything to write home about anyway :shrug:lol I don't see much on the horizon for the next week or 2 actually :(

It was those darn yarn sirens calling my name as I drove down the road. I get to a certain point, and the car puts on the right turn signal and off I go to Hobby Lobby! LOL!

Now, the keyboard went to Knitpicks and my fingers ordered 6 skeins. What a day for yarn!

Just donated 30 SKEINS to the thrift store. Stuff I was never going to use and figured I'd let someone else play with it. :)

:turtle:vheart

That was a very nice thing to do.:manyheart

Used up a ball making a hat today. Got to at least get to zero. LOL! Unless my Knitpicks order comes, then I'm in trouble. Buy yarn, my friends.

I think I have hit a slump in my crocheting. Most days I am doing very little crocheting. I think one reason is I am trying to do more (rather than just sit around all day) of household chores that I was not able to do last year while I was fighting breast cancer. Now I am getting my strength back and getting some of the messes cleaned up around here. My hubby did a great job last year taking care of me. He took me to all of my appointments, cooked, did laundry, grocery shopped, etc. He is still doing the laundry as I am not ready to go up and down our basement steps. He also does the grocery shopping and any other errands we need to go out for.

But I am just going to keep crocheting even if it is just a few stitches every day. I love to read about the yarn everyone is using up. Oh, I also love reading about the new yarn everyone (Well, maybe not everyone as some of you are being very, very good in that department.) is buying. Maybe I should say the yarn that jumps in your cart when you are out shopping or that yarn that just begs you to buy it online. Been there and done that both ways. Happy crocheting everyone. :crocheting

Just donated 30 SKEINS to the thrift store. Stuff I was never going to use and figured I'd let someone else play with it. :)

Hey, you got that idea from me!! :lol I haven't gone thru my stash yet. Stupid homework keeps calling my name first.

Hey, you got that idea from me!! :lol I haven't gone thru my stash yet. Stupid homework keeps calling my name first.

Sort of. When I moved my stuff into the new storage I found a lot of yarn that I don't like the weight or material so I donated. :)

I think I have hit a slump in my crocheting. Most days I am doing very little crocheting. I think one reason is I am trying to do more (rather than just sit around all day) of household chores that I was not able to do last year while I was fighting breast cancer. Now I am getting my strength back and getting some of the messes cleaned up around here. My hubby did a great job last year taking care of me. He took me to all of my appointments, cooked, did laundry, grocery shopped, etc. He is still doing the laundry as I am not ready to go up and down our basement steps. He also does the grocery shopping and any other errands we need to go out for.

But I am just going to keep crocheting even if it is just a few stitches every day. I love to read about the yarn everyone is using up. Oh, I also love reading about the new yarn everyone (Well, maybe not everyone as some of you are being very, very good in that department.) is buying. Maybe I should say the yarn that jumps in your cart when you are out shopping or that yarn that just begs you to buy it online. Been there and done that both ways. Happy crocheting everyone. :crocheting

:hug Glad to hear you are starting to get your strength back and don't worry....your yarn will be waiting patiently for you to 'get back into the groove' :wink

Bought 3 skeins today, but 1 hit the mailbox as soon as I got home. Jana will have a -2 before the week is out! :lol

You mailed it? You are so good to me! I figured you would hold it hostage so I would come up, see your craft room, then buy you dinner. :lol

You mailed it? You are so good to me! I figured you would hold it hostage so I would come up, see your craft room, then buy you dinner. :lol

I should have thought of that, but I was too excited to find the yarn you've been needing! :lol

I used up a ball and a skein today finishing up some projects. So I made it to the positives this week. Unless my Knitpicks order comes, and then I'm in a bit of trouble.

Putting in my totals now, as it's going to be a busy weekend!

Well, I almost made it through the week without slipping up, but I signed up for a sock knitting class (toe-up on 2 circulars), and needed to buy the yarn. I got a beautiful skein of Tosh Yarn in Sweat Pea. It is just stunning, and should make nice socks!

Stashbuster Total: WTD -2 YTD -2

:crocheting

Archived