2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Sadly, its not really the size of the color swatches that throws off picking a matching color. It is that monitors are all color calibrated differently, plus the lighting and post-processing done on the photos that cause the issue.

What companies SHOULD do is say that XXX variegated matches with XXX solids. Red Heart has a PDF floating around somewhere that actually does that. However, if you look at ILTY Agean Stripes, it looks like the lightest color is white, but its not, its one of their light greys.

<-- web design and photography geek :D

Very true! I picked two blues to go with the variegated. One didn't look like it matched, but I had bought it before and knew it did. I bought white and cream because I couldn't tell from the photo and didn't remember; it was cream with no white.

Used up another skein in the mosaic RR; -20 now.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
used up a skein making a cotton hat. Hopefully i don't decide to frog it all out. kinda winging what I'm making based on another pattern +2

Ok I guess I'm going backwards and didn't buy yarn :lol. I've been working on the welcome pineapple afghan and have just figured out why we (even I say it) tell everyone to count count count.... :think:( I just had to tear about about 20 rows. :eek Made a big boo boo. sigh oh well So it backed me up a ball, but I did get the hat above done and used up another 1/2 skein so at least I'm only back to +1

Sadly, its not really the size of the color swatches that throws off picking a matching color. It is that monitors are all color calibrated differently, plus the lighting and post-processing done on the photos that cause the issue.

What companies SHOULD do is say that XXX variegated matches with XXX solids. Red Heart has a PDF floating around somewhere that actually does that. However, if you look at ILTY Agean Stripes, it looks like the lightest color is white, but its not, its one of their light greys.

<-- web design and photography geek :D

What I personally find is that even the colors within the brand don't match as well as I would personally like them too and find other brands with better color matches. So I constantly end up mixing matching brands to get colors that REALLY match. Maybe I'm just being to picky :lol

Well, before I can finish one skein, my husband comes home and tells me I need to make 6 bunnies for his boss's grandkids!!! So I'll have to go out and buy some more yarn!

Just found out my DS has Croup! So I might get some crocheting done today while he hopefully sleeps!

Well, before I can finish one skein, my husband comes home and tells me I need to make 6 bunnies for his boss's grandkids!!! So I'll have to go out and buy some more yarn!

Just found out my DS has Croup! So I might get some crocheting done today while he hopefully sleeps!

Here's a :hugso that you can take care of your sick child. And hopefully, get some :crochetingtime while he sleeps. That croup is miserable.

:manyheart

What I personally find is that even the colors within the brand don't match as well as I would personally like them too and find other brands with better color matches. So I constantly end up mixing matching brands to get colors that REALLY match. Maybe I'm just being to picky :lol

That's the BIG disadvantage of having to buy on line!!

My other JoAnn order came in as well as a backordered kit, so now I'm... -86 for the week!

That's the BIG disadvantage of having to buy on line!!

My other JoAnn order came in as well as a backordered kit, so now I'm... -86 for the week!

It looks like you are in the running for Shoot the moon!

Mona, if I knew your score was going to be so high I would have gone shopping today! :rofl

Turned a skein into a ball. Working on finishing a skein too, but not there yet...

:turtle:vheart

Oh man! Well in that case, you only have a few hours :think

And with them doing road work (right in front of my house) I can't even leave!! Hmmm, there's always the internet and overnight shipping! :rofl

Mona, if I knew your score was going to be so high I would have gone shopping today! :rofl

Turned a skein into a ball. Working on finishing a skein too, but not there yet...

There's still a few days left. Get shopping!

Finally finished a skein (it was a pounder) on the afghan my husband wanted me to make. Almost done with it. 30 rows took me 2 weeks because sc is very boring when that is all that is involved. I am now back to color changing and being able to see progress in the work.

Since the shoot the moon winner seems to be a given this week, I might actually buy some yarn tonight at work;)

Posting my score now. No time for crocheting this weekend. Bachelorette party tonight then shopping for something to wear to the wedding tomorrow. One more week and I'll be a mommy-in-law :cheer:clap:cheer

WTD +6

Archived