2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

The tubs of yarn are growing. Maybe this will get me to stop buying and use up what I have.

SIGN ME UP!

:manyheart

Cheryl

That is why I joined. Of course even after I joined the 2011 Stash Busting CAL I still bought a big order from Joann.com. I bought enough Caron One Pounders to have one of each color offered through Joann's. Someone here in Crochetville in another thread mentioned that the color Claret from Caron One Pounders was more like the Cherry Red in Red Heart Super Saver. Since Joann.com was offering free shipping and I did not need that many more colors to have the whole spectrum I went crazy. I plan on using these Caron One Pounders to make hats and scarves to donate to my church's clothes closet next fall and winter. And maybe to a homeless mission if I make more than what my church's clothes closet can use.

I have to admit I am having fun going through my stash picking colors and mixing colors to make my hats and scarves. So welcome to the club. May we all have fun in the coming year trying to use up all large stash of yarn.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is why I joined. Of course even after I joined the 2011 Stash Busting CAL I still bought a big order from Joann.com. I bought enough Caron One Pounders to have one of each color offered through Joann's. Someone here in Crochetville in another thread mentioned that the color Claret from Caron One Pounders was more like the Cherry Red in Red Heart Super Saver. Since Joann.com was offering free shipping and I did not need that many more colors to have the whole spectrum I went crazy. I plan on using these Caron One Pounders to make hats and scarves to donate to my church's clothes closet next fall and winter. And maybe to a homeless mission if I make more than what my church's clothes closet can use.

I have to admit I am having fun going through my stash picking colors and mixing colors to make my hats and scarves. So welcome to the club. May we all have fun in the coming year trying to use up all large stash of yarn.

Thanks for the welcome. I have plans for some of the stash. Especially those stash items that I purchased with a specific project in mind. I even went so far as to bag up the pattern with the yarn so I would remember why I bought the stuff 10 years from now when I actually look in the bag. :devil

The tubs of yarn are growing. Maybe this will get me to stop buying and use up what I have.

SIGN ME UP!

Cheryl

You know Cheryl, I told myself I would limit my stash to whatever one tub could hold.....now I have two, and more yarn everywhere around the house!

sign me up, too. This fits in with my 2012 New Years Resolutions of finish all those unfinished projects.

Lyne

Are you really supposed to finish them all? I just like starting new things.:lol

come one come all! It really has helped me to have this CAL though my numbers may not seem like it :rofl

But I have put skeins of yarn BACK when shopping because I knew I didn't NEED them and could always come back later if I find I do need them for some project or other :D besides they would cost me 2 points :lol

oh this looks great .. I was planning on trying to work on my stash more (as in reducing it!).

Can I join?

That was my plan too! But, I think I need to get some more yarn before the end the year first. Just to really make it more challenging! :devil

Welcome to the Cal, Ariaya. Enjoy the challenge of using up what you have and trying not to buy more. It's pretty hard, especially with clearance bins and sales.

Welcome to the Cal, Ariaya. Enjoy the challenge of using up what you have and trying not to buy more. It's pretty hard, especially with clearance bins and sales.

Free shipping when you order online is my downfall.:shrug Yarn on sale and they offer free shipping will get me everytime. True, most of the time you have to spend a certain amount to get free shipping. But if that amount is between $30 - $50 that is not too hard to do. At least for me which is explains why there is yarn stashed in our spare room and our bedroom. As well as between my rocker and the table in the dining area of our living room. :welcomeWelcome to all of our new joinees. Let's all have fun this new year trying to use up our stash and not add to it instead.

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

This looks like fun - count me in but I have what may be a silly question. I understand how to score but what does WTD & YTD mean? I read thru the instructions and didn't see it, not saying it's not there but...well you know LOL

I corrected that on the first page. WTD = Week to Date and YTD = Year to date. It's how your score progresses, during the week and during the year. Sorry.

Added you to the list.

I'm going to join again, only this coming year I plan to do at keeping track, did awful this year!:eek

Added you to the list. Welcome back!

Can't wait to get started...but where to start? Looking at a few new patterns

If you are a member of Ravelry, they have lots of patterns to look through.

Also, There's Crochet Pattern Central, and all kinds of other spots for free patterns.

Good luck.

Archived