Small secret opening purse

Lnails5

Hello, I'm Robin,

I don't know how to crochet, but my Mother in law does, and promised to make something for me if I could find a pattern.

It is a small purse, to open it you have to pull the sides and reach through the strings. It has a ring at the top and it looks like alot of strings hold it together it has a tassel on the bottom, the top has a flap that really does nothing but looks good.

If anyone can help me find a pattern I would be very happy.

Hi! That sounds like a miser's purse to me. Here is a pattern http://windrosefiberstudio.blogspot.com/2010/06/tasseled-misers-purse-crochet-along.html

Does that look like what you want? I know there are other patterns available for misers purses, so let us know if you need info on other patterns.

welcome to the 'ville! Sounds to me like you are looking for a miser purse. There are two historic versions of miser purses, but the ones with the chains are my favorites.

Sometimes looking around on crochetpatterncentral.com will help you find what you are looking for. also, here is one that was posted previously on crochetville.

Hope this helps!

Archived