I'm New and need Help!!!!

luvstocrochet

Hi there,

Where do we go to post questions? For example, I'm a Military wife living overseas. I'd like to know what are the good places to shop online for yarn? However, in the future where do I go to post this info? ALSO if you want to add people as friends is there a place for us to chat? I'd like to get to know people on here but don't know how. Thanks so much!!!!:eek

:hi & :welcome from North Central Kentucky!

Let me see if I can help you out.

For questions about specific patterns, there's the Seeking Patterns thread.

For general help, there's the General Crochet Help thread.

For specific stitch questions, look in Crochet Stitch Help.

For design issues, check out Crochet Design Help.

After logging in, you're able to see these threads listed in their home categories. There are many, many threads to post things in.

Have a look around, read topics posted in some of the different places and soon you're on your way to happy Crochetville navigation!

Go to the Forum Index page here. Read through all the "departments" to see the great variety of topics, information, references, and yes chat available here. It's pretty incredible!

Then, tomorrow morning, when you've read through about 1% of the forum ;) (told you it was BIG), you may have some answers to your first questions.

But, of course, you'll have bigger, deeper, more complex questions. What a problem....

Now you're...ah..."hooked"! :lol

DCM

I think you already have the answers you were wanting but I wanted to say -- welcome from NW Florida! I don't chat on here so can't help you on that count. But you can get to know folks by just jumping in and posting. There are so many very friendly and helpful people here -- i think you will love it once you get oriented. :) Enjoy exploring the forum!

A good folder to look through is called Board Help under Board Stuff: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31 Just about any question you might have has probably already been posed and answered there. Hope that helps!

I'd be glad to be a friend!

Good morning and :welcome I was also an AF wife at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge from 1962-1966. I did a lot of sewing with the wonderful wool fabric that was available in Ipswich. Several of the wives learned to knit while there and took advantage of the availability of wool yarn as well. Things must have changed drastically since I was there, but there still may be some of that gorgeous yarn there.

I can't advise you about the online ordering, but there are quite a few members here who live outside the US who may be able to help. Some companies do or don't ship internationally, but I just happened to think that shipping may be a non-issue if you have an APO :D. That would be a real bonus. Are there any other women there who crochet or knit? Maybe they can give you some good info.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived