Christmas stocking ornament

sahm2g1b

I've now made 2 of these and just :manyheart them! They work up fairly quickly, and they are approx. 3 inches in length! So cute & fun! Can't wait to make more of these for a Christmas ornament exchange. And since we don't have a tree up yet, I hung it on my rosemary plant. Now it smells delicious! :D

ETA: Here's the pattern I used. I also changed the cuff to 4 rows of hdc instead of 3 rows of dc. It gave it a "tighter" look when it was turned down. I also used a needle to whip stitch the heel together instead of sl st. It gave it a "stitched" look. Next time, I may try some red yarn & see how it turns out.

post-20325-135897701728_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897701733_thumb.jpg

Ah, they are cute as can be! I had a similar pattern many years ago (thanks for providing the link!). I would tie them on presents by the bow, and add a little money in the stocking. The kids quickly caught on to that and looked for the stockings straight off! :D I think I will make a few this year since you reminded me AND provided the pattern!

Another I plan to make this year, is this little heart http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tree-hearts -- in fact, I think I am going to make one small tree with all hearts of reds, hot pink and maybe purple and orange (have to see how they look together)! (Thought I'd try to pay you back for your link by sharing another. :) )

BTW -- The round ripple in your profile pic is GORGEOUS! Do you have the picture here to enlarge? I will look in the Show and Tell under afghans and probably fid it on my own -- VERY PRETTY!

Archived