Ghan Finished! Gifted 12-17-11

tiffer93

I'm soooo thrilled you like them. :c9

I thought I'd do them in 2 tones of gray instead of one. I already had the lighter gray in my yarn basket but when I was in my local yarn store I saw the darker one and thought they went really well together.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More amazing squares received today! These are from Fiona (mumbles17) and they're a passed down pattern from her mom!

post-18684-135897707234_thumb.jpg

:hug Thank you ever so much! They're perfect!

Gorgeous squares that have been coming in!!!! This is going to be one pretty blanket!

OH indeed it is definitely going to be pretty! You all are so amazing! You're very kind to help me and your work is beautiful! :hug Half way there!! :cheer

Tiffany - I'm sorry I've flaked out on you. I still plan on making the squares. Life got crazy on me. I'll get them send to you as soon as I can. So sorry!!! :blush

I totally understand Nicole! Don't stress about it. If you get time and can send them, that's great! If not, completely understandable! :hugIt's been crazy around here too!

The square is in the mail, so watch for it!:cheer

Sorry for your loss.:hug

Thank you so much for the gorgeous square!! :hug

post-18684-135897709916_thumb.jpg

It's just awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

A friend from Facebook, who I'm trying to convert over here to the 'Ville, sent me this square.

post-18684-135897712506_thumb.jpg

Beautiful!

Just need 9 more to have enough for the comfortghan! I've got 4 to make myself, so I guess that leaves just 5...

A friend from Facebook, who I'm trying to convert over here to the 'Ville, sent me this square.

[ATTACH]47948[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

Just need 9 more to have enough for the comfortghan! I've got 4 to make myself, so I guess that leaves just 5...

What a pretty square. I hope you get those last five in time to put it all together for Christmas.

I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten my promised square finished yet! I'm going to try to get it knocked out this week and into the mail ASAP! (work has been kicking my butt these past few weeks so I haven't gotten much of a chance to do anything, let alone crochet).

I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten my promised square finished yet! I'm going to try to get it knocked out this week and into the mail ASAP! (work has been kicking my butt these past few weeks so I haven't gotten much of a chance to do anything, let alone crochet).

I understand totally Mandy! Life was quite unforgiving for myself a while there too. Seemed I couldn't get a thing done..

Received 4 fabulous squares from HappyOldCro today!! :cheer

They're all so lovely! Thanks so very much!! :hug

post-18684-135897714385_thumb.jpg

I understand totally Mandy! Life was quite unforgiving for myself a while there too. Seemed I couldn't get a thing done..

I have a square finished for you! I just need your address, and I'll have it in the mail this week!

• 2 weeks later...

post-18684-135897718781_thumb.jpg

The squares are blocking nicely. They'll be dry soon and then I'll start sewing them together this evening and into tomorrow. Delivery is hopefully going to be Saturday! :cheer

Look at all of your beautiful squares ladies! YOU are the reason this is going to happen! :hug

[ATTACH]48955[/ATTACH]

then I'll start sewing them together this evening and into tomorrow. Delivery is hopefully going to be Saturday! :cheer

Really lovely.

How can you sew them together so quickly?! And how are you sewing them, what method? I'm a newbie at assembling squares, would appreciate any know-how.

Really lovely.

How can you sew them together so quickly?! And how are you sewing them, what method? I'm a newbie at assembling squares, would appreciate any know-how.

My husband is helping me.. so that gets things going a little. I'm just weaving in and out of the "v"s of the stitches.. well under them actually. I think it may be called whip stitching, but I'm not really sure. First sewing the squares horizontally and then vertically.

Just have the vertical left to do! Can't wait to post the finished product! Delivery will be tomorrow between 3 and 6p.m Eastern time if all goes well!

:cheer

My husband is helping me.. so that gets things going a little. I'm just weaving in and out of the "v"s of the stitches.. well under them actually. I think it may be called whip stitching, but I'm not really sure. First sewing the squares horizontally and then vertically.

Just have the vertical left to do! Can't wait to post the finished product! Delivery will be tomorrow between 3 and 6p.m Eastern time if all goes well!

:cheer

I feel awful that I didn't get my square mailed to you in time. I'll still send it your way, I have no need for it...you can do with it as you please. I'm so sorry!

I feel awful that I didn't get my square mailed to you in time. I'll still send it your way, I have no need for it...you can do with it as you please. I'm so sorry!

I will put it to good use in my friendship 'ghan! :clap Don't fret!

It's DONE!!!!!

post-18684-135897719255_thumb.jpg

I'll be delivering it around 3pm today. I just bordered it this morning and am about to wrap it up. I couldn't have done it without the help of you all, and my wonderful husband, who even got up at 6am with me to finish sewing!

Thank each and all of you for your kind words and of course, the beautiful squares that I hope will bring comfort to my dear friend. You are all the best!! :hug:manyheart

Archived