Share A Square needs help!

bigfunfam

I have been crocheting squares for Share A Square which is a good cause. In case you don't know, Share A Square makes afghans for kids with cancer, using 6" crocheted squares. They have set 3 deadlines for this year and the first deadline just went by without enough squares having been sent in. It's a great way to use up some of those scraps and bless others at the same time.

Here is the link to learn more: http://thiseclecticlife.com/share-a-square-2010-faq/

There is also a Ravelry group and a facebook page.

6" squares are so quick to work up and there are so many variations you can make so you don't even have to get bored :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Share A Square is still in need of 6" crocheted squares!!

If you can make 1 or more (see FAQ for numbers needed)

it will make a difference in a child's life!!!

:ty

I have been crocheting squares for Share A Square which is a good cause. In case you don't know, Share A Square makes afghans for kids with cancer, using 6" crocheted squares. They have set 3 deadlines for this year and the first deadline just went by without enough squares having been sent in. It's a great way to use up some of those scraps and bless others at the same time.

Here is the link to learn more: http://thiseclecticlife.com/share-a-square-2010-faq/

There is also a Ravelry group and a facebook page.

6" squares are so quick to work up and there are so many variations you can make so you don't even have to get bored :D

Count me in for Oct 26th deadline....I have a good stack of 6 inch squares I'd been puttering around making out of scraps the last couple months with no particular project in mind for them....and I have more scraps to work up some more before then :) Great cause!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you who can send 6" squares!!! :clap:clap

Be sure to check out the FAQ page before finishing your squares as there are a few changes from prior years. :D

Share A Square is still in need of 6" crocheted squares!!

If you can make 1 or more (see FAQ for numbers needed)

it will make a difference in a child's life!!!

:ty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Share a square no longer accepts squares. This was the last year. :( It was a wonderful project while it was going.

I am sure that there are other organizations accepting squares for charity blankets somewhere.

Archived