Simple Striped Drawstring Bag Pattern

Nira

post-48941-135897690716_thumb.jpg

Simple Stripe Drawstring Bag

A Very Versatile Pattern that works up quickly!

Materials:

H hook

2 colors WW yarn, main color (MC) and contrasting color (CC)

Yarn needle – weaving in those pesky ends

Stitches used:

Ch

Sl St

Hdc

Notes: Ch 2 counts as 1st hdc

Read all instructions before starting (I always find this helpful)

With MC ch 4, join with a sl st to form a ring

Rnd 1: Ch 2, 9 hdc into ring, crocheting over tail, join to top of ch 2, pull tail to close hole (10 hdc)

Rnd 2: Ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as ch 2, 2 hdc in each st around. Join to top of ch 2 (20 hdc)

Rnd 3: Ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as ch 2, 1 hdc in next st (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next st) around. Join to top of ch 2

Rnd 4: Ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as ch 2, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 stitches (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 stitches) around, join to top of ch 2

Rnds 5-9: Ch 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around. Join to top of ch 2.

Rnds 10-12: With CC, ch 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around. Join to top of ch 2

Rnds 13-17: With MC, ch 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around. Join to top of ch 2. FO

Weave in all those pesky ends.

Make a ch long enough to go around bag. Weave in and out of Rnd 15. I went over 2 sts, under 2 sts. I ended up with only having 1 stitch in between where the strings come out on 2 of the bags but it isn’t noticeable and didn’t effect closing the bag. Join ends of ch together.

You can obviously make this bag using more colors or just one color. Also, you can use something other than a chain for the drawstring like ribbon or cord.

You can also make it taller by continuing on past rnd 17 or do a rnd of sc last in the CC for added sturdiness and color.

You can make the bag wider by increasing after rnd 4 eg. Ch 2, 1 hdc in same as ch 2, then 1 hdc in each of the next 3/4/5/6 sts and so on.

This pattern is not tested and it’s also my first written one. Feel free to pm with question or errors that you find and I will try and help you and edit my pattern

Enjoy!:hook

Please do not redistribute pattern (link back here if you want) Please do not take credit for the pattern (it’s my 1st and I’m rather proud of it) but make and sell as many of the bags that you want for whatever reason!

Amanda Dodd aka Nira

post-48941-135897690709_thumb.jpg

Cute! I'll give this a try this weekend. I have some cotton yarn that is just laying around, calling my name!

I'd love to see pictures of other peoples bags when you get them done!

I sure will!... Also, congratulations on this being your 1st pattern. It really is very pretty. :cheer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeing this thread pop up made me want to make another. :) Here's a slightly smaller version in Christmas colors. Yarn is Loops & Threads Silky Soft in Bright Red and Emerald. I had a hard time getting them to photograph right. The yarn has a luster to it that doesn't show up in the photos. This only took me about 1 hour including weaving in ends. :ctree

post-48941-135897712977_thumb.jpg

post-48941-13589771298_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897712983_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897712987_thumb.jpg

What a great idea to make these in Christmas colors and use as gift bags! Even in other colors, they make great re-useable gift bags! You can make them for less than a paper gift bag that is tossed out after Christmas. This is one that will keep on giving all year long!

This is a super simple pattern. Something nice to make when you need a break from a larger project. I think I may make these and then fill them with the kitchen items I've been working on for the adult women in our family.

You could fill some with slippers, or a hat & scarf, mittens, etc... to make a great gift set! Just getting lots of ideas to package my gifts! Thanks for the inspiration!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived