Lucy, Sierra, and Bernie in thier 4th of July sets

Aelita

Here are my god kid's in their 4th of July gear. I found the pattern for the square on CPC called a Star Overlay Crochet Square so I knew it was perfect for the 4th. I just turned it around to make a diamond and then just added straps around the neck and back. The bottoms are shorts with a huge granny square in front for a skirt so they're skorts lol. Well after making these outfits I realized my 10 yr old god daughter has grown a bit in the leg and butt area so i need to make her shorts bigger from now on.

post-4232-135897673242_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897673245_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897673246_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897673247_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897673248_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897673249_thumb.jpg

post-4232-13589767325_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897673251_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897673252_thumb.jpg

Another beautiful set! I would like to know your secret for getting stuff done on time! :) Are the girls' shorts crochet too or is the granny square stitched on regular shorts? Also, and I hope I'm not sounding dumb here - what is CPC?

Another beautiful set! I would like to know your secret for getting stuff done on time! :) Are the girls' shorts crochet too or is the granny square stitched on regular shorts? Also, and I hope I'm not sounding dumb here - what is CPC?

Crochet Pattern Central aka CPC a wealth of free patterns can be found there. :hook

Thank you everyone for the nice compliments. The shorts just1morestitch are crocheted as well. I usually do the top part of the shorts in hdc but this time I did dc's which is not cool for the top part of the shorts just the legs.

They're just darling... both the outfits and the kids!

Look how happy these kids are, you made a special holiday memory for them, too!

Ahw thank guys for the compliments and that really put a smile on my face with your comment Titus2woman I'm glad to know you look forward to seeing what I make my god kids every year it gives me motivation to keep doing it...well that and my god kids asking me every year.

Funny that someone mentioned how they look forward to what you make....me too !!! I know that for each holiday you will make something amazing for those cute kids !!! Your work is great and I am sure your godchildren must be thrilled ......thanks for sharing the pics.

• 2 weeks later...
Here are my god kid's in their 4th of July gear. I found the pattern for the square on CPC called a Star Overlay Crochet Square so I knew it was perfect for the 4th. I just turned it around to make a diamond and then just added straps around the neck and back. The bottoms are shorts with a huge granny square in front for a skirt so they're skorts lol. Well after making these outfits I realized my 10 yr old god daughter has grown a bit in the leg and butt area so i need to make her shorts bigger from now on.

Very cute!the kids look fantastic in their 4th of July outfits. Great job!

Penny

Archived