OMGosh!!!

Last night me and the BF went to wal-mart to do some grocery shopping, but before we did I asked, "hun can we stop and look at some yarn I've been reading the are doing away with the craft section, maybe I can get some good deals." Naturally he said ok hun we will stop and look. Well We headed towards were we thought it was and has always been and it was all material and no yarn! I was wigging out big time I thought I was missing it or looking over it anything I couldn't possibly have missed the big yarn sale at wal-mart! I guess I was freaking out a little to bad and this woman from the section came up and said "may I help you?" and zach said "yes mam' were is the yarn before she losses it?" She took us to the yarn turns out they are moving the store yet again! But my story is a happy ending one I found the yarn and was in my own litte yarn world :)

You had me cracking up! LOL!! When our W-M decided to do away with their craft section I was so upset. Could care less about the fabric, but why the yarn? What did it ever do to W-M? Luckily, after sitting covered up in the garden section (forever) they put in what I suppose they refer to as a "craft section" (although it's SUPER LAME!) they put in a little wall of yarn! At first I was pretty excited they were keeping it, but they never keep it well stocked. :(

No, the yarn was the same price. I was hoping to find some good deals though!

Thank god for the BF and the kind lady at W-M for saving my day :) It was so much more complete thanks to them!

I don't think hysterical is the word for how I was acting the BF thought I was going to pass out lol!

You know, we're laughing about this, but if it weren't for the craft section of Wal-Mart, I might never have been inspired to start crocheting again! I hadn't crocheted for most of my adult life until, one day, I happened to pass the yarn in the craft section and decided to give crocheting a try again. I really hope they don't completely discontinue their craft sections.

:(

You know, we're laughing about this, but if it weren't for the craft section of Wal-Mart, I might never have been inspired to start crocheting again! I hadn't crocheted for most of my adult life until, one day, I happened to pass the yarn in the craft section and decided to give crocheting a try again. I really hope they don't completely discontinue their craft sections.

:(

I have a family member who works for Wal-Mart. She said that they are in the process of bringing it back to all Wal-Marts and all of them should have it back really soon.

I have a family member who works for Wal-Mart. She said that they are in the process of bringing it back to all Wal-Marts and all of them should have it back really soon.

Oh, thank goodness!

:manyheart

Both Walmarts here have yarn, a good selection too. Fabric is packaged up into, I'm going to say yard cuts. I miss their craft section and fabric always was plentiful, lots to choose from and cheaper than anywhere else here. So I miss that but I am glad they still have yarn.

This happened to me as well. They decided to cut back on yarn and move it near the greeting cards to make more room for fabric. Well they had a bunch of prices slashed and when I saw it I started foaming at the mouth (just a little) and grabbing yarn left and right! I got good deals, but spent a lot of money on some yarn I have no idea what to do with! Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

lol...the other day my BF was looking for out wood burner and couldn't find it. I said well hun look in my yarn tote's I might of put it in there by accident. Well I have like 5 tote's of yarn and he picked up the first one and opened the top and said ugh...forget it! Then he looked at me and said why do you keep buying yarn? This is absolutely rediculous!

Archived