cotton coverup (looks like)

Knit Happens

Question

18 answers to this question

Reverse Image Search - GENIUS (thanks for the tip--great idea) it appears this is (was?) commercially manufactured FOR SALE (listed on Ebay.UK) - before clicking the link, you see it was for the item, not the pattern. Apparently this was well-loved and desired because there are tons of hits--and I found a rudimentary schematic on many pages--it isn't perfect, but its a starting point. It is as I expected I would make it myself. I also googled "eight pointed flower" and found one to use, and the rest of it seems very basic. I sure wish, tho, there was a clear cut pattern for this. Oh, that would have been so much simpler. Here is the graph...it doesn't appear to be copyrighted or anything because it is on many many sites. Donna and Amy, if it is against the Crochetville rules to post the graph, please remove it.

post-12020-135897669037_thumb.jpg

Did a little looking. As far as I can tell there is no pattern for this top.

She is a model and has used this cover up at least twice.

This is either a catalog photo or she is using her own cover up for a photo shoot.

Can you right click and get the image information from where you originally saved it?

This usually does not work on images saved to your computer unless you rename them with the site infomation.

It will save with a numbered name or the name assigned to it by the website poster. Something like white cover up would be the name. Not Cover up catalogs.

Hope that makes sense.

Can you right click and get the image information from where you originally saved it? As it is here, of course all we get is the "crochetville info." But if you do it on the image you saved to your computer originally, you should be able to get some info on where you picked up the picture. From there we might be able to track it down.

It is sure pretty and one of those patterns that sort of grows on you making you want to make it more and more! Maybe it is just that it is elusive right now, but I think it is the pattern itself. We all want to make it now. :)

It would look cute as a beach cover up, or over any number of camisoles or tanks......even a solid color dress could get a make-over topped with this! I hope the collectice Crochetville does run across this pattern! Or maybe someone could make one that is just enough different to qualify as a new pattern. BTW I do not know how much different it would need to be. Without knowing where this one came from. can't even really go with an "inspired by" pattern!

Well good luck!! I'll keep looking, as I have time... if I do run across anything I'll post here for those looking for the pattern... ;)

Where did you find the picture? It looks very familiar, but I haven't been able to pull out "the" book or magazine yet! :lol

Too long ago to remember....I'm thinking it was from a Russian crochet site found about a year ago. Well, I think I'm going to try to "deconstruct" it from the picture. Thanks for looking tho.

Where did you find the picture? It looks very familiar, but I haven't been able to pull out "the" book or magazine yet! :lol

I've been looking for this pattern for over a year. Let me know if you find it!

You have good taste. :) I don't have a clue what publication it is from. I think if I can't find where it is from and purchase it, I'll try to replicate it myself. Of course, its easier if one has the pattern, but it looks simple enough to replicate.

Anyone? :)

Archived