12" Squares needed...asap...COMPLETED

teakaycee

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Blue & White •¨¯`•

Afternoon everyone!

I have a friend/fellow baseball mom that has called for some help for her family.

May 17th her nephew (Austin) was killed in a head on crash. Him and the friend driving were pronounced dead at the scene. They had both just Graduated 3 days before.

My friends brother (father of Austin) is taking this really really hard. Austin was his only son.... they were very close and his first born. The grief alone is hard .... but the bills have become overwhelming!!!

My friend called to ask if there was anything I could make to auction off at the benifit they are having in Austin's memory. Austin went to school with my 15 yr old back in Elementary school... but moved on to High School in another town. So all around this is all close to everyones hearts!

So........................ if anyone can help.... I would like to make 2 blankets. One to be auctioned off and one to give to Austin's father for comfort!

I hate to be very specific with my request... but ............

I am wanting solid blue (RHSS Delft blue) ... and solid white ( RHSS soft white) squares done in this pattern....... found here.....

its a 12" square.............

post-18634-135897667712_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for any help!!!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tammy - I'm in! I'm sure I've got soft white around here somewhere, and I'll get some delft blue if I don't have it. Got a link to that pattern, or should we wing it? :D

So sorry to hear about the tragedy. :( Prayers going up & out for everyone. :hug

what pattern is that ?

Hey Tammy - I'm in! I'm sure I've got soft white around here somewhere, and I'll get some delft blue if I don't have it. Got a link to that pattern, or should we wing it? :D

So sorry to hear about the tragedy. :( Prayers going up & out for everyone. :hug

Thank you ladies soooooooooooooo much!:hug

I'll PM you the pattern in one sec!

:lol you might be able to wing it but umm not really sure what she might end up with if I did

:lol you might be able to wing it but umm not really sure what she might end up with if I did

:rofl It would take me a while longer... and I'd probably have to draw it out a few times... yes, having the pattern will make it so much easier!! :lol

im sorry tanny i cant make 12" squares myself..they turn out really funny looking....

however i can offer up my prayers to the family

I can make some blue ones....can you PM me your address Tammy? I know I had it but not sure where I put it. Thanks!

Thanks hon!!!!! :hug

I can put a couple soft white in the mail tomorrow. Sorry I don't have any blue, and my local wal-mart doesn't have that color.

So sorry for the tragedies, I am glad I can help in some small way.

I have an address from June, 2009 is that still good, if not, pm me address for mailing.

Which one are we supposed to use -- the Argyle Diamond one in the OP's first post or Bobby's Square?

I hope I have some Soft White. Don't think I have Delft Blue either as I was needing it for something not long ago and could not find it locally. I do have a hat made of Delft blue that has never been worn. It turned out too small for my big old head! :D I could frog that.... will see what I can do. I will PM for address when I get them done.

Thank you so much Mary!!!

Well DebraKay.............. I guess it since they are both the same look... either would be fine.... but yeah... using the one I posted would keep the count the same!

Thanks for helping hon!!!

Thank you so much Mary!!!

Well DebraKay.............. I guess it since they are both the same look... either would be fine.... but yeah... using the one I posted would keep the count the same!

Thanks for helping hon!!!

Is it just me or are there a few mistakes in the Argyle pattern? I had to make adjustment in

Round 6: It starts out: "Ch 3, dc in next 6 dc, ch 1 "

I think it needs to be: Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc, ch 1 -- This keeps the diamond slant going starting each round with 6, 4, then 2 in Round 7.

Round 8: insert, Ch 1 after that very last "dc in last 10 dc", and before join to top of ch 3.

Round 9: Starts: "Ch 4, skip 1 Dc, ch1, dc in ch1 space, ch 1, skip dc,"

I think it should say: Ch 4, skip one 1 dc, dc in next dc, chi 1, skip dc

I hope I am right, because I pondered over this for quite a while. It looks right. Wish the pattern had stitch counts listed -- that is such a great way to KNOW you have interpreted correctly.

One soft white complete and guesss what? I found a skein of the Delft Blue so I'll start that color next. When do you need these by?

Is it just me or are there a few mistakes in the Argyle pattern? I had to make adjustment in

I think it needs to be: Ch 3, dc in next 4 dc, ch 1 -- This keeps the diamond slant going starting each round with 6, 4, then 2 in Round 7.

Round 8: insert, Ch 1 after that very last "dc in last 10 dc", and before join to top of ch 3.

I hope I am right, because I pondered over this for quite a while. It looks right. Wish the pattern had stitch counts listed -- that is such a great way to KNOW you have interpreted correctly.

One soft white complete and guesss what? I found a skein of the Delft Blue so I'll start that color next. When do you need these by?

Yepper............. went back and fixed mistakes I found!

I made a square also... in order to find the mistakes and correct them.

So... I think it might be okay now! *hope hope hope* :D

Thanks so much hon for helping.. your paitence and pattern review!

If I can get the square by 10 July 2011 that would be great!!!

:think:lol so the pattern I printed last night has booboo in it?:lol:think

:think:lol so the pattern I printed last night has booboo in it?:lol:think

Oh honey... I'm a booboo! LOL

It was written quite some time back... I never had it tested... and then decided to post it for the help I need.

I'm sorry you waisted ink and paper. Maybe you can just go back and pencil in the corrections on what you printed!

and darlin' if you find any other mistakes ... please let me know!

:ty Thanks for getting the corrections out - I haven't had a chance to get started on a square yet - turns out I didn't have any soft white (which I thought I did - I knew I didn't have any Delft Blue)... My brother said he'd pick up the yarn for me today, and I also have my husband on that task as well... :) I don't have a vehicle when my hubby's out working (he left yesterday morning and will be home late tonight) until he gets his vehicle fixed, so I was kind of stuck until I could either get to the store myself or somebody saved me. :) I changed up my printed version, and went in and made the corrections on the computer file, also! Have a great weekend everyone!! :D

Oh honey... I'm a booboo! LOL

It was written quite some time back... I never had it tested... and then decided to post it for the help I need.

I'm sorry you waisted ink and paper. Maybe you can just go back and pencil in the corrections on what you printed!

and darlin' if you find any other mistakes ... please let me know!

:loljust want to make sure doing it right hahahaa

Sorry -- I was confused for a minute and had to delete my post.

Thanks for making the corrections.

I remember another question I had -- do yo want a 10" tail left on for sewing them together?

You all are absolutely awesome!

Thank you everyone for your help!!!

Sharon... you're an angel.. thank you for going to all that trouble. but bonus it was on sale! :D

DebraKay..... you are such a sweetheart for helping with the pattern! Thank you!

Shelia and Mel........ thanks for your patience and understanding!

You all are absolutely awesome!

Thank you everyone for your help!!!

Sharon... you're an angel.. thank you for going to all that trouble. but bonus it was on sale! :D

DebraKay..... you are such a sweetheart for helping with the pattern! Thank you!

Shelia and Mel........ thanks for your patience and understanding!

Heck yeah, no problem there! My wonderful brother brought me a BIG skein (one of the 14 ounce ones) of Soft White and a big skein (7 oz) of Delft Blue - so I'm able to rock & roll now!! :)

Archived