HELP finding a baby-soft, cuddly yarn!

AliciaLee418

Fellow Yarn Lovers: PLEASE HELP!

I need help finding a baby-soft, cuddly yarn. I would prefer a brand with a decent color-range, that is simple to work with (especially in crochet). The weight of the yarn is unimportant at the moment.

I am searching for something affordable, as I am on a budget. A yarn that could be found in such places as Walmart, JoAnns, Michaels, or AC Moore would be amazing.

Please include the name of the yarn as well as your personal experience with it.

Thank you so much for your help, and I look forward to hearing everyone’s responses! :)

:crocheting:help:ty

Michael's has some nice yarns that are very nice to use for babies. I have tried the Loops and Threads brand and the Snuggly Wuggly and it was very nice and soft.

Also, I like Encore yarns. Patternworks has a bunch of them and the ww is $6 a skein for 5 ounces. It's very nice. They also have a variety of yarns for babies. Check them out at www.patternworks.com And if you buy $50 or more, shippings free.

I hope I helped.

:manyheart

I use Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn, lots of colors and it's really soft. My grandson loves his blankie (drags it everywhere) and it wears well. If you don't have a Hobby Lobby near you, you can order off their website and shipping is reasonable.

I'm thinking of using Hobby Lobby's I Love this Cotton for a baby blanket. Even though it is not marketed as a baby yarn, it's really soft and great to work with. I also like I Love This Yarn, as the above poster mentioned.

I like Vanna's baby yarn. The colors are fresh and it's worsted weight and works up quickly. It has a full feeling and doesn't split.

I've used Caron Simply Soft and Bernat's Baby Softee yarns. Those are very nice and soft. Simply Soft has a wider range of colors.

hmmmm - baby soft and cuddly. My favorite would have to be Joann's Sensations for soft, light and cuddly. It is a boucle so if you haven't worked with it before it might take some getting used to.

The color range isn't great but the yarn itself is. I like to stock up when it's on sale.

I am currently using Soft Baby Steps by RH and like it very much. The link i just included to RH Yarns does not do the colors justice. It is soft and feels baby friendly and has several colors to choose from. Mine was purchased at a JoAnn's when I was out of town.

KnitPicks Comfy a cotton/acrylic blend is very soft. $2.99/skein/ball

Some of the colors may be less as there is a sale in progress. $50 or more and you get free shipping.

I think Pam's Comfort Cables afghan was made with Comfy. I just bought the pattern. Comfy and Shine are the yarn choices. Shine is a silky soft blend of cotton and rayon(?I think).

I like them both though lean towards Comfy a tad more.

My two most absolutely favorite baby yarns are:

1. Bernat Softee Baby (affordable, lots of colors, easy to work with, super soft!).

2. Caron Spa (more pricey, very nice colors but not many, not as easy to work as Bernat, but oh sooooo soft!).

Hope this helps! :manyheart

I just bought some Caron Simply Soft at Hancock Fabrics for $1.99 a skein. I know I've bought it at our local Walmart before too, and their yarns are usually twenty cents cheaper than Hancock's. I've also used Red Heart Baby yarns before too.

Archived