crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sick. Tired. Grrrrr.

Mama K

:hug Feel better soon! :hug

We have fog here. Supposed to drizzle, thunder, rain, snow, be foggy and we also have a wind advisory until 5:00 tomorrow night.

Oh, nice, mild weather then... :lol

Hey All! Spent the day in the ER. Lupus and GP have been kicking me in the butt lately. They gave me a bag of fluids and some pain meds, and I found out that my potassium is low so they gave me some of that too. Still feeling pretty icky. Don't know if I'll be getting my PEG tube changed tomorrow like scheduled. Too tired and fuzzy to work on the baby blanket. Hopefully I'll get to it later on tonight.

:hug So sorry you have been feeling bad! Feel better soon!!! :hug

Quick Good morning!

Hope all who aren't feellng so great have a better day today!

Me, I'm exhausted from all the excitement of the game last night--so I'd best get another cup of coffee and get this day started!

Sherry/Christie - thanks!

Well I've got almost no voice this morning which will make some at work happy! Thunder woke me up during the nite, yes thunder! And hard rain! Wacky weather!

Baby K is still not sick so I'm keeping high hopes!

Well better get more coffee in me! Oh and here is April's tote using Bernat Mosaic. The prettiest one yet!

Mama K

post-17419-135897729998_thumb.jpg

Hey All! Spent the day in the ER. Lupus and GP have been kicking me in the butt lately. They gave me a bag of fluids and some pain meds, and I found out that my potassium is low so they gave me some of that too. Still feeling pretty icky. Don't know if I'll be getting my PEG tube changed tomorrow like scheduled. Too tired and fuzzy to work on the baby blanket. Hopefully I'll get to it later on tonight.

:hug You need to come admit yourself to our turtle hospital. We give fluids with KCl all the time to the turtles and have a couple with PEG tubes. You'd fit right in and have a great group of people taking care of you. :hug

:turtle:vheart

oh annie & Kuddles, I hope you both feel better soon. I also am not feeling well. kidney infections are not fun just sayin...I actually thought I had pulled something in my back and could hardly move at work.

I was living it up in paradise this weekend...lets just say leathers and psych consults galore.

I bought myself some new yarn it should arrive today. its a bamboo sock yarn that I might make a tote with. a pretty light blue. its called pediboo yarn. I have some in purple and love it. well i need to hit the hay for a bit or maybe i will crochet until i get the boys from school and then go to bed. hmm that does sound better.

and the countdown to meet sue continues...28 days :jumpyay:woo

these last few days have not been too pleasant for me...

last week (dont remember what day_ i found out a friend of mine whom id literally grown up with (2 houses apart) is in the ICU, eaten up with cancer, double pnemonia and an infection of unknown origin.....hes only 32!

my BIL goes in tomorrow for a kidney biopsy.....possible cancer

and me??? well.............ive been down since saturday evening with a really bad migraine...im takling lay in the dark head covered icepack etc etc etc. although im grateful it wasnt one of the realy bad ones i get sometime (ill spare ya the details of THAT) at least this time didnt warrant a trip to the ER

and today being monday UGH! didnt sleep well last night then a stupid rock truck decided to dump a load of rock at 8 am! ive got to try and get caught up today on some things that need to be dine like NOW

Love those colors! Is the tote mostly single crochet?

Yup sure is mostly! I was intimidated but had no trouble with the pattern!

oh annie & Kuddles, I hope you both feel better soon. I also am not feeling well. kidney infections are not fun just sayin...I actually thought I had pulled something in my back and could hardly move at work.

Thanks! Hope YOU feel better as well! Having Sue to look forward to is a blessing!

:hug:hug

Mama K

think i may call this week quits already!

while on facebook i found out another friend of mine whom id grown up with (not the one in ICU passed away yesterday.

an updaye on my frined in ICU.....they removed life support as of friday last week and as far as i know he is still with us

Hi Ya ladies! Thanks for all the hugs and caring. I sure do appreciate it. I am feeling some better today. I didn't have my tube changed. That has been put off until next Monday. I've just been taking it easy and getting some crochet time in when I'm not sleeping. I managed to finish a dishcloth and work some on the baby blanket. See ya later!

Mama K, sorry that you're still sick. Hope you get back on your feet soon! :hug Your new tote is gorgeous, btw!!!

:hug You need to come admit yourself to our turtle hospital. We give fluids with KCl all the time to the turtles and have a couple with PEG tubes. You'd fit right in and have a great group of people taking care of you. :hug

:turtle:vheart

I'd love to come down. Then I'd know I'd be getting some good care! :):hug

I was living it up in paradise this weekend...lets just say leathers and psych consults galore.

I bought myself some new yarn it should arrive today. its a bamboo sock yarn that I might make a tote with. a pretty light blue. its called pediboo yarn. I have some in purple and love it. well i need to hit the hay for a bit or maybe i will crochet until i get the boys from school and then go to bed. hmm that does sound better.

Ouch! Kidney infections are not fun! Hope you feel better soon too! :hug That new yarn you bought sounds nice. I'm going to have to google it! Take care!

:hug:hug:hug

Kuddles- Love, love, love the tote!!! Gorgeous colors!!! and Beautiful work as always!!

Ducky- Sounds like you need some:hug:hug

Ann- Glad you are feeling a little better- and that you are better quick so you can get the g-tube changed.

tonya- Nice to have a visit to a turtlelvr in FL to look forward to--:yes:yes maybe by the time you read this it'll be don to 27 days:lol

tonya- Nice to have a visit to a turtlelvr in FL to look forward to--:yes:yes maybe by the time you read this it'll be don to 27 days:lol

nope still 28....and still awake

I got the yarn today :yay it is a sea-foam green/blue color now to decide what to do with it. it is so soft I have about 750 yards of it

yet more updates.......

im so numb right now......shortly before my hubby came home from work i found out my friend who was in ICU that they had removed life support friday passed away sometime this afternoon :(

i know for sure i wont be able to go to the first service as it is all wednesday afternoon and i wont have a way to get there......second service hasnt been set as of now

Ducky - :hug:hug:hug So sorry for your loss.

Ann - glad you're feeling better.

Mama K - take it easy on the talking--I lost my voice for almost 1 1/2 weeks. Drink lots of tea with lemon and honey. Glad Baby K doesn't have anything yet. LOVE the tote! It's beautiful! You do such great work!

We've got the boys tonight and they are both asleep!! :clap:clap Little one dropped of within a couple of minutes of laying down. Other one took a little longer but he finally went to sleep.

Well, just 4 more days and we have the weekend. It was another bad day at work. Tomorrow probably won't be any better. Some of the staff are complaining loudly about the new computer system but yet won't ask me questions about it. They seem to think they can get the old system back, but it's gone for good. They are so young, you'd think they'd like the change for something more modern. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it for a little while yet. Praying really hard for a new job.

Have a great evening!

Good morning and thanks all for the get well wishes! I'm trying to hang in there....hey, what other choice do I have, yes? LOL

Thanks for the kudos on the tote everyone. I found instructions on line on a different way to do a recessed zipper in a purse and I'm going to try it. If it works, that will be my new go-to on making my lined bags!

I'll post a pic when that happens. Sorry, you guys may be waiting a while!

Hugs to all that need them today!

Mama K

Hi everyone :hug just poking my head in for a minute. I have some runnign to do with my mom today. We are going out of towm a ways to a resell shop to drop off some of the kids old clothes and to look around, then to the Y to workout and then back home, I think :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day :hug

yet more updates.......

im so numb right now......shortly before my hubby came home from work i found out my friend who was in ICU that they had removed life support friday passed away sometime this afternoon :(

i know for sure i wont be able to go to the first service as it is all wednesday afternoon and i wont have a way to get there......second service hasnt been set as of now

:hug :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi Everyone!

Well, just 4 more days and we have the weekend. It was another bad day at work. Tomorrow probably won't be any better. Some of the staff are complaining loudly about the new computer system but yet won't ask me questions about it. They seem to think they can get the old system back, but it's gone for good. They are so young, you'd think they'd like the change for something more modern. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it for a little while yet. Praying really hard for a new job.

Have a great evening!

Hope you had a better day at work today! Keeping good thoughts for you that you get a better job! :hug

Good morning and thanks all for the get well wishes! I'm trying to hang in there....hey, what other choice do I have, yes? LOL

Thanks for the kudos on the tote everyone. I found instructions on line on a different way to do a recessed zipper in a purse and I'm going to try it. If it works, that will be my new go-to on making my lined bags!

I'll post a pic when that happens. Sorry, you guys may be waiting a while!

Hugs to all that need them today!

Mama K

Yup Mama, that's all ya can do, just hang in there. All will be better with time! Drink that tea with honey though, it helps! :D As for the totes, well I'd be lucky to just sew in a zipper any old way, so I have no idea what a recessed zipper is! :lol I'll be waiting to see it though! :D

Yup Mama, that's all ya can do, just hang in there. All will be better with time! Drink that tea with honey though, it helps! :D As for the totes, well I'd be lucky to just sew in a zipper any old way, so I have no idea what a recessed zipper is! :lol I'll be waiting to see it though! :D

Voice comes and goes.....I'm sure most wishes it would go for good!

I'll be sure to post a really good pic so you can see the zipper honey!

Mama K

Hi all!

We're getting RAIN (or at least I think that's what that wet stuff is outside--at least it's not frozen!)!!! Supposed to rain until sometime tomorrow.

Mama K - hope you're doing better.

Ann - hope things are better for you today.

Joanne - thanks for the kind words.

Today was another tough day. DH told me about another church that is hiring, so he's going to get the info for me. Tomorrow is payday, so I'll be busy getting all that done.

Have a question--I bought a pattern online (The Shawler) and got ready to make it, and it calls for Homespun yarn. I don't do Homespun. I had bought some WW that I had planned on making but didn't know until after I bought the pattern that it needed to be Homespun. Question is - do I need to do double strands since homespun is a bulky yarn? Thanks for your help.

Have a great evening all!

Archived