dishcloth/hotpad/potholder

mva5493

just finished these for my MIL. she loves purple as well as bright colors, so I thought these were perfect for her. The light purple set are made with peaches and creme I think ( yarn from my stash that has long since lost it's label), can't remember the trim,but I think it's peaches and creme.

the dark purple pair are bernat handicrafter cotton, trimmed in peaches and creme fiesta I believe. the dark purple pair I used 2 strands so that they could be used as hot pads/potholders. This pattern just says potholder to me not dishcloth but I am rambling. :blush

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=IMG_0383.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=IMG_0384.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=IMG_0385-1.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs346.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp403%2Fmva549308%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0382.jpg

thanks for looking1

She'll love them. You did a great job!

I gave them to her on Wednesday and she did indeed love them, said she wasn't going to use the light purple ones as dishcloths, she said they were too pretty. She said she would put them out so people to see them, but they were for show only lol. I love making things for her because she truly appreciates them.

Very cute! Love looking at your album, a lot of beautiful things!

thank you, I love looking at other people's albums as well so I like to put lots of pics in my album.

Very nice... I like your color choices.. They will be wonderful hotpads.. There is a pattern out there that's looks like the same type as the one you just made.. It's a free pattern... I've printed it out.. but can't remember where I got it from... GBU!:):)

Very nice... I like your color choices.. They will be wonderful hotpads.. There is a pattern out there that's looks like the same type as the one you just made.. It's a free pattern... I've printed it out.. but can't remember where I got it from... GBU!:):)

I used a free pattern, also don't remember where I got it, have to look it up. I printed it quite some time ago, when I was doing the kiss dishcloth swap. It said potholder/hotpad to me not dishcloth, so decided to work it up with that in mind.

Lovely! I also love your purple granny square afghan. Very nice!:cheer

oooh, and that blanket with the blue, variegated, white diagonal stripes...still looking thru your album!

Oh, and that Noah's Ark Blanket...that's amazing!

Would you just move next door to me? I think I can learn a lot from you!

Lovely! I also love your purple granny square afghan. Very nice!:cheer

oooh, and that blanket with the blue, variegated, white diagonal stripes...still looking thru your album!

Oh, and that Noah's Ark Blanket...that's amazing!

Would you just move next door to me? I think I can learn a lot from you!

thank you, I am still learning a lot myself, it's amazing what good pattern and some determination, and a bit of inspiration can do for you.

I love the colors! I will have to search for the pattern. I love that! It looks like something simple and fast too. I was looking at your photo album too. You have some beautiful creations. I love purple too!

Is this the pattern you used? Diamond Dishcloth

It is one of my favorite dishcloths to make. I like the idea of doubling the yarn and making a potholder out of it. :crocheting

:yesThat sure looks like the one I'm thinking of..BUT, says hotpad not dishcloth to me also..LOL:lol.. There's one more but the lady made them for hotpads.. I'll have to find my pattern.. And, I do think the yarn is doubled also... I'll get back to you if I remember..:P GBU!:):)

Is this the pattern you used? Diamond Dishcloth

It is one of my favorite dishcloths to make. I like the idea of doubling the yarn and making a potholder out of it. :crocheting

yes this is the pattern I used, it is a dishcloth pattern but still says hotpad to me. I have just finished another one that I plan to use as a hotpad. I love how quickly it works up!!

I love the colors! I will have to search for the pattern. I love that! It looks like something simple and fast too. I was looking at your photo album too. You have some beautiful creations. I love purple too!

it is very simple. I have been working on these this week, and have finished several more. I am not the fastest crocheter, but I'm turning these out fairly quickly.

I just bought a $1 pattern for that potholder. They look very pretty! I'm sure your grandmother will be very happy!

the pattern I used was a freebie http://www.kaleidesigns.com/crochet/patterns/archive/dish005.html (dishcloth pattern, I just used 2 strands so it would be thick enough to use as a hotpad/potholder), my mother in law loved them (purple is her favorite color, but she loves anything bright as well, and she is really happy with anything I make for her)

Archived