I can do it myself! Design Cal

hhensler

Julee sorry about that, ( the misunderstanding of my part)I was referring to a comment that hhensler made before, asking about any sugestions or what we would have make different and I taught she was reffering to the design.

I am interested in both - design & pattern writing, and any advice/input that you may have about either. ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. I'm working on a sample in Two shades of purple and a cream sort of color. It's just going to be small. Once that's done I'll go ahead and send a picture in and see what they think. I still want to try a bag made in this style though. All in good time. I'm getting over a really nasty flu right now so I'm taking things a little slow.

What do you plan on doing with your design?

Julee

Nothing :lol I am just sharing it here for whoever happens upon it. Perhaps I should have written it up to sell in my Etsy shop, but I prefer to just share my designs. In fact, when I am done with this afghan I might do a step by step through one of my cable scarfs - we'll have to see.

Sorry about the flu...I hope you are getting plenty of rest. Who are you submitting your design to?

I have a question for you all...

My daughter has been pestering me for a bean bag, so of course my idea is to design a crocheted cover for it...

I know that I could do a solid stitch pattern (sc, or dc) but I would rather do motifs, and am wondering what combination of shapes, when joined together will create a sphere (ball) shape? We all know hexagons will work, triangles also... but I would prefer a combination of shapes...any ideas?

I know that feeling. Sometimes it's good to just put it down and work on something else for the day. Other times - I put it down and don't want to pick it back up. I can't wait to see the pic of the border completed.

I don't know how I feel about this border...

What do you guys think - do you think I should:

1. start over

2. make it wider using the same color

3. make it wider, but multi-colored

4. keep it as is

Maybe you have a different idea? I would love some input...

[attach]37154[/attach]

post-15073-135897643896_thumb.jpg

Thanks...I'm going to try another round, and see how it looks. I will have to buy more yarn first though.

I also need to get back to writing up the pattern - has anyone been able to follow my instructions for round 4?

one thing you have not mentioned is the amounts of yarn you have used? I've been digging though my yarns but can't decide on if i want to use what i got or if i want to buy more. knowing the amounts would be so much easier.

Row #6, Color #3

Join with a slip stitch to sc of previous row at the top of any flower, ch 1, sc in same stitch

[attach]37326[/attach]

Chain 2, sc over chain 3 of next cluster

[attach]37327[/attach]

Chain 5, now we are going to work a decrease over the next 4 clusters using tr, dtr, dtr, tr. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on how to work this decrease.

[attach]37328[/attach]

[attach]37329[/attach]

Chain 5, sc over chain 3 of next cluster, chain 2, sc in next sc

[attach]37330[/attach]

Repeat around. Cut yarn, weave in ends.

post-15073-135897644806_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897644809_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897644814_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897644817_thumb.jpg

post-15073-13589764482_thumb.jpg

Row #7, Color #1

Join with a slip stitch to the center sc of previous round, chain 2 (counts as first dc)

post-15073-13589764483_thumb.jpg

Work 2 dc over ch 2 space, dc in next sc, 5 dc over chain 5 space, dc in top of decrease, 5 dc over next chain 5 space, dc in next sc, 2 dc in next chain 2 space, dc in next sc...continue around join with sl st to top of beg. ch 2 = 108 dc

post-15073-135897644833_thumb.jpg

Archived