I can do it myself! Design Cal

hhensler

Jumping in here to let you know how gorgeous this piece is!!!! I used to do a lot of design stuff when I was younger but have not even attempted it in a lot of years... I guess now with the abundance of patterns out there I am always scared that I will be stepping too much over someone else's work even though I have no intention of doing so. I would hate to spend the time not only working the pattern but also making the directions, only to find out that it is so much like someone else's pattern or to hear that it upset someone, etc. I guess that is where my fear with design comes in. I have a blanket that I started probably 15 years ago that is a made up pattern and I have actually thought about taking a few rows out to figure out what I was doing and attempt to finish it. It looks to be a 3-4 row repeating pattern and fairly easy (although at the time I am sure very complex for me because it has drop stitches, etc in it!)

Good work... I have subscribed to the thread so I can continue to follow everyone else's inspiring works and maybe I will get up the guts to let the imagination flow and see what happens!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok this has got me wondering what would be the name of this type or style? is it called overlay? I love the looks of this type or work. just trying to find the name of it so I can find more like it.

• 3 months later...

I got rounds 1 - 7, but according to the photos there are 12 (13?). Please add the rest. Also add how you joined them. The first few photos remind me of a kaleidoscope or fractals. Very nice. I'm going to try the square one.

Ellie 13

• 2 weeks later...

Archived