I can do it myself! Design Cal

hhensler

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on the directions for row 4...they are a bit tricky to explain, so I will have to take some more pictures - perhaps someone has some ideas that can help me with the written instructions?! I should have the pics up tomorrow.

I really wish I had the yarn and time to start this one right now! :hook

Well, stop by any time! Even if you don't have time to start a new project at the moment, I would still welcome your opinions/design advice! I'm just attempting to spark creativity...

I was just sitting on the couch yesterday thinking about what it would take to put together a RR with a ridge in not just the valley but the hill also and this is what I came up with.

post-4632-135897641038_thumb.jpg

It's funny how I came up with the idea for the ridge in the hill. I closed my eyes and it's like I could see the stitches and exactly where I needed them to be. Sorta like someone skipped ahead a couple of hours and took a snap shot of what I would end up doing and just put it right out in front of me. I'm not complaining though. I like when designs just pop into my head like that. Lol

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with this design. Any ideas? I'm gonna find my brown and pink pounders and whoop up an afghan as soon as I'm done with Andrew's 'Ghan.

Great job btw Heather!! That afghan is going to be just stunning!!!

Julee

I was just sitting on the couch yesterday thinking about what it would take to put together a RR with a ridge in not just the valley but the hill also and this is what I came up with.

[ATTACH]36769[/ATTACH]

It's funny how I came up with the idea for the ridge in the hill. I closed my eyes and it's like I could see the stitches and exactly where I needed them to be. Sorta like someone skipped ahead a couple of hours and took a snap shot of what I would end up doing and just put it right out in front of me. I'm not complaining though. I like when designs just pop into my head like that. Lol

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with this design. Any ideas? I'm gonna find my brown and pink pounders and whoop up an afghan as soon as I'm done with Andrew's 'Ghan.

Julee

I like it a lot. I think that would be great to submit for publication in a crochet magazine. :tup

[ATTACH]36769[/ATTACH]

Julee

:cheer Fantastic Julee! Love the ridges...I am a huge fan of texture. I think it would make a wonderful dishcloth, or a beautiful afghan...is it possible to continue in the round without increasing and make a hat or beach tote?

Here's my attempt at the instructions for the next row of my design - any suggestions you might have to make the directions easier to understand would be great...I'm really struggling...

Row #4, Color #1

Join yarn with a slip stitch in any chain 3 space, chain 3, dc in 3rd chain from hook (cluster made), chain 5, slip stitch in chain 1 to form ring, chain 2,

post-15073-135897641212_thumb.jpg

dc in ring to the left of the chain 2 just made, but to the right of the cluster just made

post-15073-135897641218_thumb.jpg

Now, remove your hook from loop, skip 1 chain 3 space to the left of the chain 3 space you began with, insert hook into the next chain 3 space, pick up your loop (be careful to leave the working end of your yarn on top), and pull it through the chain 3 space. This will attach the bottom petal of the flower to the motif.

post-15073-135897641221_thumb.jpg

Row #4, Color #1 cont.

Next, work 2 dc into the ring by inserting your hook down into the ring (pic.1), and back up to the right of the cluster stitch (pic.2)

post-15073-13589764156_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897641602_thumb.jpg

Now remove your hook again, insert it from front to back through the skipped chain 3 space, pick up your loop and draw it through. Chain 2, slip stitch into ring to the right of the cluster.

post-15073-135897641607_thumb.jpg

post-15073-13589764161_thumb.jpg

Row #4, color #1 cont.

Chain 2, working to the left of the cluster for the remainder of the flower, work: 3dc, chain 2, slip stitch into ring, *chain 2, 3 dc, chain 2, slip stitch into ring* twice, chain 3, dc in third chain from hook, slip stitch into next chain 3 space.

post-15073-135897641614_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897641618_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897641621_thumb.jpg

On to the next flower! Chain 3, dc in 3rd chain from hook and repeat around.

post-15073-135897641624_thumb.jpg

I have no idea if anyone can follow those instructions or not?! If you can decipher my directions, I would welcome any and all advice for ways to simplify them!

I haven't had a chance to work on it yet. I definitely let you know once I do! :yes

Thanks! Much appreciated...here's a pic of the completed row:

post-15073-135897641637_thumb.jpg

Julee, your design got me thinking...I'm wondering if it's possible to insert this - or any motif roughly this shape into the center of a round ripple...what do you think?

Thanks! Much appreciated...here's a pic of the completed row:

[ATTACH]36835[/ATTACH]

Julee, your design got me thinking...I'm wondering if it's possible to insert this - or any motif roughly this shape into the center of a round ripple...what do you think?

I think that would be absolutely AWESOME! I hope you (or you and Julee, or you and someone else) can figure out how to do that.

Don't know about that. Lol We'll see though. Just started working on your motif a few minutes ago. It's really looking nice. I'm gonna see if I can work the ripple on that. It'll end up being a 12 point ripple if it works. I'll check in in a few minutes.

Julee

p.s. I'll have to try making a bag out of that RR Design sometime. It would look really cool!!

Once thing I suggest is using the BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet) and FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet) terms. It's a nice way of shortening up some rnds and is a little less confusing.

I'll let you know of anything else I notice as I go.

Julee

Yeah. I'm working on a sample in Two shades of purple and a cream sort of color. It's just going to be small. Once that's done I'll go ahead and send a picture in and see what they think. I still want to try a bag made in this style though. All in good time. I'm getting over a really nasty flu right now so I'm taking things a little slow.

What do you plan on doing with your design?

Julee

Julee sorry about that, ( the misunderstanding of my part)I was referring to a comment that hhensler made before asking about any sugestions or what we would have done different, and I taught she was reffering to the design.

Join with a slip stitch to the center dc of center (top) petal of any flower. Ch 1, sc in same stitch, *ch 3, dc in 3rd ch from hook* twice, sc in center dc of next petal.

ch 3, dc in 3rd ch from hook, sc over sl st & into chain 3 space in between flowers

post-15073-135897641831_thumb.jpg

ch 3, dc in 3rd ch from hook, sc in center dc of next petal

post-15073-135897641837_thumb.jpg

*ch 3, dc in 3rd ch from hook*twice, sc in center dc of next petal

post-15073-135897641841_thumb.jpg

Repeat around. Cut yarn, weave in ends.

Oops...it might help if I follow the correct color sequence :blush... here's what it should look like:

post-15073-135897644802_thumb.jpg

Archived